CPD Fundamentals of coaching for developing health and social care practice
Level 7 (postgraduate), 20 Credits
During this course, you will analyse approaches to coaching in practice. You will advance your reflective skills to facilitate self-development in applying the knowledge gained, to your own practice. This Masters-level module will develop your knowledge of the theory underpinning coaching and help you develop strategies and skills for coaching in your practice. You will share knowledge and experiences with colleagues and explore the evidence and the strategies for facilitating coaching in your area of practice.
This CPD will help you to critically analyse the evidence base for integrating and justifying the approaches used to enable you to coach in your practice area.
- You will analyse the evidence relating to supporting coaching and respecting your accountability in ensuring the safety of patients/clients
- You will explore ways of improving coaching environments and partnership working to enhance your coaching practice.
- Time will be spent examining a variety of scenarios, critically discussing ways of managing coaching situations and enhancing and improving effective coaching practice
Teaching and learning
Due to the current pandemic circumstances, the course delivery will be all online. There will be live online teaching and workshops via Zoom along with recorded sessions and online activities such as seminars, workshops, critical reading and online learning.
There is a requirement for full attendance for each of the sessions. Interaction with fellow students is important as you share experiences and approaches to coaching both in the live online classroom sessions and in the virtual learning environment (Canvas).
The next start date will be Feb 2021 and Sept 2021
- Evidence of degree level studies or equivalent
- This needs to be similar to other masters modules
- Access to learners in practice
Assessment for this Health and Social Care CPD will be via a 2500 portfolio and a 2000 case study relating to your practice. The pass mark is 50%.
This course can be studied within the MA Nursing, MA Nursing Clinical Education, MA Nursing Clinical Leadership and MA Nursing Mental Health award frameworks, or as a single CPD.
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.
Further guidance on programme changes.