CPD Pathophysiology Advanced Practice
Level 7 (postgraduate), 10 Credits
This module is intended to advance the knowledge of the experienced clinical professional working in an environment where a knowledge of pathophysiology is essential to practice.
The syllabus will include;
- Physiology and pathophysiology of major systems
- utilising five case scenarios
After completing the module you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a higher level of knowledge in relation to the anatomical, physiological and pathological mechanisms
- Critically examine the current evidence base of major disease process, etiology, pathophysiology and pharmacology
Teaching and learning
This module is delivered over a period of 15 weeks. It adopts a blended approach with two hours direct teaching every other week. The week in between is an e-learning activity that must be completed.
Attendance is required every other week for a two-hour session onsite at LJMU. You must commit to the week in between to complete e-Learning activity.
In order to be considered for this pathophysiology course, you must:
- current registered health care professional
- able to demonstrate ability to study at Level 7 or relevant clinical experience
You will be assessed based on case scenarios.
- weighted 100%
- 50% pass rate
Certificate of Professional Development (CPD) at Level 7 - 10 credits.
This module can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework or as a single CPD.
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.
Further guidance on programme changes.