CPD Pre-Operative Assessment
Level 7 (postgraduate), 20 Credits
This programme is targeted at experienced clinical health professionals working in an environment where knowledge of pre-operative assessment is essential to practice.
During this Masters-level course, you will study the following themes:
- the principles and practice of pre-operative assessment, including risk stratification and consent
- competency/clinical examination
- clinical decision making
- legal and ethical issues
- leadership and management
- human factors
Teaching and learning
This module is delivered over an academic year and offers a virtual blended approach to learning.
You will complete 6 days at LJMU:
- a 3 day introductory block of formal education
- followed by a further 3 day block at the middle of the course
The module will be delivered in a variety of ways, including:
- virtual interactive lectures
- clinically directed virtual case studies
- blog group discussions
You will be expected to complete 6 study days at LJMU. This comprises a 3 day introductory block of formal education followed by a midway 3 day block.
In order to be considered for this Pre-Operative Assessment course you must:
- be a healthcare professional with at least 2 years clinical experience and or recent evidence of completing a course in advanced clinical skills
- have a letter from your employer confirming support of your studies (if required)
You will be expected to complete 3 assessments:
- a written assignment
- a professional Portfolio
- a clinical assessment form
This module can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework or as a single CPD.
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.
Further guidance on programme changes.