CPD Quality Monitoring and Improvement in Health and Social Care
Level 7 (postgraduate), 30 Credits
During this course, you will analyse the role of evaluation in service delivery within health and social care settings to develop organisational wide changes which are coherent and internally consistent. This masters-level module will develop your managerial knowledge and skills for high quality care, risk management, innovation and safety. You will explore a broad range of quality metrics, examining their impact in improving health and social care delivery.
This CPD will help you to critically analyse the evidence base for evaluation in service delivery within health and social care settings.
- You will also evaluate the current performance measures in place within the health and/or social care settings
- Risk assessment frameworks will be examined to consider process effectiveness and quality outcomes
- Time will be spent examining a variety of quality improvement models and definitions of consumer orientated quality, linking this to social, political and economic theory and policy initiatives to improve performance and effectiveness
Teaching and learning
This course is 14 weeks in length with actual delivery over eight weeks. Due to the current pandemic circumstances, the course delivery will be all online. There will be live online teaching via Zoom along with recorded sessions and online activities such as discussion boards, quizzes and reading.
There is a requirement for full attendance for each of the sessions. Interaction with fellow students is important as you share experiences and approaches to quality monitoring and improvement both in the live classroom sessions and in the virtual learning environment (Canvas).
- Evidence of degree level studies or equivalent
- This needs to be similar to other masters modules
Assessment for this Health and Social Care CPD will be via assignment/essay and the pass mark is 50%.
This course can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) the MA Nursing Clinical Education, MA Nursing Clinical Leadership and MA Nursing Clinical Education award frameworks, or as a single CPD.
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.
Further guidance on programme changes.