CPD Research Methods
Level 7 (postgraduate), 20 Credits
Completing this course will develop your skills as a potential producer of research, along with your ability to systematically evaluate research outcomes from a variety of sources. You will also engage in a variety of data analysis techniques.
During the course, you will study:
- research paradigms
- quantitative methods,data collection and analysis
- qualitative methods, data collection and analysis
- mixed methods
- critical appraisal and systematic reviews
- developing research proposals
- ethics in public health research
Teaching and learning
The course is delivered over one semester (approximately 12 weeks) for one half day per week. Research Methods normally runs from September to January. Sessions will include lectures, seminars and workshops.
Classroom based half day release at LJMU. Classroom based activity is supported with additional online Canvas (VLE) based activity and learning.
- You will normally be expected to have a first degree in order to enrol on this course
- Evidence of equivalent learning gained through work may also be considered if you lack the above qualifications
- The Programme Leader must also be satisfied that you have the potential to study successfully at Level 7 and will benefit from the course
- Consideration will be given for prior education and experience
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form selecting Postgraduate Taught from the Level of Entry drop down.
You will be assessed via a data analysis test and a research proposal.
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.
Further guidance on programme changes.