This Masters programme has been developed in response to the current advanced healthcare practice agenda
If you're a heathcare professional working towards Advanced Practice, whether you're a nurse, physiotherapist, radiographer or paramedic, this programme will be of interest to you. It aims to meet the education and training needs for areas of care, such as dementia care, palliative care, safeguarding and pre-operative assessment.
To be awarded an MSc/PGCert, you need to complete 180 credits at Level 7. You will study a number of core modules, the Research Methods and Data Analysis module (30 credits) and complete a dissertation (60 credits). You can then tailor the course to your specialist area of practice, selecting specific CPDs relevant to you as a practitioner.
Please note: to undertake the programme, you must be qualified to degree level or have evidence of recent study at Level 6. You can arrange to transfer Level 7 credits from a different higher education institution.
Take a look at our CPD brochure for healthcare, social care and allied health professionals and view our full range of courses.
The following CPD programmes are offered as part of the Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) MSc, PGCert award framework or as standalone courses:
- Advancing Health Care Practice
- Advancing Leadership for Quality
- Advancing the Critical Care Practitioner
- Art and Science of Practice Education
- Specialist Bowel Cancer Screening Practitioner Programme
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Clinical Examination
- Collaborative and Professional Practice in Dementia Care
- Diabetes: the complexity of care
- Ethical and Legal Issues within Advanced Practice
- Managing Critical Care
- Negotiated Workbased Learning Professional Studies
- Pathophysiology Advanced Practice
- Pre-Operative Assessment
- Professional Practice in Palliative care
- Public Health and the Paramedic
- Quality Monitoring and Improvement in Health and Social Care
- Safeguarding in Multi-professional Practice
The Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) MSc degree through CPD pathways offers the following:
- Flexibility: it can be completed over three to five years and can be tailored to meet your specific educational and clinical needs
- Expertise: it is delivered by an Advanced Practice Team
- Relevance: it is suitable for a wide range of healthcare professions