Safeguarding in Multi-Professional Practice
Level 7, 30 Credits
This module will enhance your knowledge relating to the management and implementation of safeguarding policies within a range of health and social care settings and client/service user groups. It is the ideal module if you are a professional working in a health and social care setting and want to expand your understanding of safeguarding policies and practice.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- synthesise the challenges for professionals engaging with vulnerable people
- critically evaluate policy development in a variety of care settings and client groups and the impact on vulnerable service users
- demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the process of organisational and/or individual change, leading to improved outcomes for individuals and families
- critically evaluate the implications of management decisions in relation to risk in work based/practice settings
The 15 week module will be delivered via four face-to-face learning days divided into two sets of two days.
You will also complete an additional two days of online learning, directed by module tutors online via Blackboard, LJMU's virtual learning environment.
The cost for this CPD module is £40.00 per credit through the CPD apply route or £32.00 per credit through the self-funded route.
This safeguarding module will be delivered via:
- large and small group discussions
- case studies
- virtual learning
This blended learning approach will give you lots of opportunities to engage with other professionals, directly and online. The module is also supported by a Twitter feed.
You will also have the opportunity to reflect on your practice and apply new ideas in your work place.
You are expected to attend the timetabled sessions.
Lectures and seminars will be co-facilitated by Nursing and Social Work lecturers, reflecting the multi-professional nature of the course and the student group.
As part of this course you will:
- explore safeguarding in different professional settings and from the context of different social, economic and political perspectives
- consider the challenges and barriers to multi-professional safeguarding practice
- critically evaluate case studies and serious case reviews to positively influence your practice
Theory and research underpins all teaching and learning delivered on this module and informs all learning activities.
You will be expected to complete two assignments:
- a reflection on practice
- an essay
Both are written assessments with a word length of 2,000 words. The weighting of each assignment will be 50% and both must be passed in order to complete the module.
To be considered for Safeguarding in Multi Professional Practice, you must:
- be a health or social care professional
- have at least one year post qualification experience
- be able to demonstrate that you have studied at Level 6/7
This Continuing Professional Development module can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework or as a single CPD.
Dates for the coming year will be available shortly.
How to apply
If your CPD course is funded by NHS North West, please apply through the CPD apply system. You can contact your Trust Training Lead for further advice on this process.
If you are funding the course yourself, please apply using the online application form selecting Postgraduate Taught from the Level of Entry drop down.
Further information is available in our CPD courses for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Education, Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.