Safeguarding in Multi-Professional Practice
Level 7, 30 Credits
This module will enhance your knowledge relating to the management and implementation of safeguarding policies within a range of health and social care settings and service user groups. It is the ideal module if you are a professional working in a health and social care setting and want to expand your understanding of safeguarding policies and practice.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- synthesise the challenges for professionals engaging with vulnerable people
- critically evaluate policy development in a variety of care settings and service user groups and the impact on vulnerable service users
- demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the process of organisational and/or individual change, leading to improved outcomes for individuals and families
- critically evaluate the implications of management decisions in relation to risk in work based/practice setting
The 15 week module will be delivered via four face-to-face learning days divided into two sets of two days. You will also complete an additional two days of online learning, directed by module tutors online via Canvas, LJMU's virtual learning environment.
The cost for this CPD module is £1,050.
This safeguarding module will be delivered via:
- large and small group discussions
- case studies
- virtual learning
This blended learning approach will give you lots of opportunities to engage with other professionals, directly and online. The module is also supported by a Twitter feed.
You will also have the opportunity to reflect on your practice and apply new ideas in your work place.
The course is delivered at City Campus. There are no additional days to what has been outlined above. You are expected to attend the timetabled sessions.
Lectures and seminars will be co-facilitated by Nursing and Social Work lecturers, reflecting the multi-professional nature of the course and the student group.
As part of this course you will:
- explore safeguarding in different professional settings and from the context of different social, economic and political perspectives
- consider the challenges and barriers to multi-professional safeguarding practice
- critically evaluate case studies and serious case reviews to positively influence your practice
- assess your organisation’s safeguarding practice and consider improvements, where required
Theory and research underpins all teaching and learning delivered on this module and informs all learning activities
You will be expected to complete two summative assignments:
- a reflection on practice 3,500 words
- a 20 minute Powerpoint presentation with 10 minutes for questions
The length of the written assignment is 3,500words. The weighting of each component will be 50% and an overall pass mark of 50% is required to successfully complete the module.
To be considered for Safeguarding in Multi Professional Practice, you must:
- be a health or social care professional
- have at least one year post qualification experience
- be able to demonstrate that you have studied at Level 6/7
This Continuing Professional Development module can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework or as a single CPD.
Tuesday 19 March 2019 (all day)
Wednesday 20 March 2019 (all day)
Tuesday 16 April 2019 (all day)
Wednesday 17 April 2019 (all day)
Tuesday 30 April 2019 Presentations
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form selecting Postgraduate Taught from the Level of Entry drop down.
Further information is available in our CPD courses for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Education, Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.