Engaging in Children and Young People's Mental Health
Level 6, 20 credits
This CPD module has been designed to help you develop an understanding in mental health in children and young people using a multi-disciplinary approach.
The course will be taught over 7 weeks.
The total cost for this CPD module is £800.
One day per week teaching commencing at 9.30am and ending at 5.00pm. You will be required to undertake online activity in between sessions.
- Introduction to Mental health in children and young people
- Understanding child development and how this is interrupted
- Prevention and Health Promotion
- Early Intervention
- Spectrum of Need
- Consent, the Law and Ethics
- Common and Complex Disorders inc: Self harm and suicide, Eating Disorders,
- Anxiety, Depression, Trauma and PTSD
- Associated Problems
- Effective and Sensitive Communication
- Risk taking behaviours
- Personal and professional resilience
- Debate and Debrief
You will assessed via a poster presentation with a verbal defense.
Evidence of study at level 5 to DipHe level
Dates for the coming year will be available shortly.
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form selecting Undergraduate from the Level of Entry drop down.
Further information is available in our CPD for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Education, Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829