Engaging in Children and Young People's Complex Mental Health
Level 7, 20 credits
This multi-disciplinary/agency CPD module has been designed to offer an introduction to engaging in children and young peoples mental health.
The course will be delivered during a semester and the teaching will be delivered over 7-8 weeks.
The cost for this CPD module is £38.35 (per credit), £767 (per course).
One day per week (usually Wednesday) teaching commencing at 4.00pm and ending at 7.30pm. You will be required to undertake online activity in between sessions.
- Introduction to Mental health in children and young people
- Understanding child development and how this is interrupted
- Prevention and Health -Promotion
- Spectrum of Need
- Consent, the Law and Ethics
- Common and Complex Disorders inc: Self harm and suicide, Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, autism and PTSD
- Associated Problems
- Effective and Sensitive Communication
- Risk taking behaviours
- Personal and professional resilience
- Debate and Debrief
You will assessed via a poster presentation with a verbal defense and a 2000-word written assessment – a reflective account of the self of practitioner in the context of their practice with children and young people experiencing complex mental health difficulties.
Evidence of study at level 6 to BA/BSc level, ideally 2:2 or above.
This CPD is stand-alone and it also forms part of the masters framework.
February 2020 - see timetable
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form selecting Postgraduate Taught from the Level of Entry drop down.
Further information is available in our CPD for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Health
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829