Level 7, 20 Credits
This course will develop your knowledge and competency in the area of health improvement.
You will study:
- the use of health improvement approaches
- health promotion
- prevention and community development to influence the lifestyle and wider socio-cultural environment of populations, communities and individuals to improve their health and well-being and reduce inequalities
The course will be taught over a half day per week for approximately 12 consecutive weeks. Teaching and learning approaches will include lectures, seminars, workshops and student-led presentations.
The cost for this CPD module is £32.00 per credit.
The course runs once a year in January (normally on a Wednesday – though this might be subject to change).
The syllabus will be structured around 3 approaches to health improvement:
- health promotion
- community development
You will examine:
- theories, models and approaches to health promotion
- behaviour change models at the individual, community and agency level
- concepts, principles and strategies of community development
- primary, secondary and tertiary reduction and prevention of risks to health
- intervention planning, design and development
- evaluation of health improvement initiatives
For this Health Improvement CPD, you will be assessed via:
- poster presentation of a health improvement intervention
- a written report which critiques a health improvement strategy
You will normally be expected to have a first degree; consideration will be given for prior education and experience:
- Evidence of equivalent learning through work may also be considered if you lack formal qualifications
- The programme leader must also be satisfied that you can study successfully at Level 7 and will benefit from the programme
How to apply
Please apply using the postgraduate online application form
Further information is available in our CPD courses for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Education, Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.