Level 7, 20 Credits
Completing this course will develop your skills as a potential producer of research, along with your ability to systematically evaluate research outcomes from a variety of sources. You will also engage in a variety of data analysis techniques.
The course is delivered over one semester (approximately 13 weeks) for one half day per week. Research Methods normally runs from September to January. Sessions will include lectures, seminars and workshops.
The cost for this CPD module is £35.00 per credit.
Classroom based half day release at LJMU.
During the course, you will study:
- research paradigms
- quantitative methods,data collection and analysis
- qualitative methods, data collection and analysis
- mixed methods
- critical appraisal and systematic reviews
- developing research proposals
- ethics in public health research
Examples will be taken from local, national and international perspectives.
You will be assessed via a data analysis test and research proposal.
- You will normally be expected to have a first degree in order to enrol on this course
- Evidence of equivalent learning gained through work may also be considered if you lack the above qualifications
- The Programme Leader must also be satisfied that you have the potential to study successfully at Level 7 and will benefit from the course
- Consideration will be given for prior education and experience
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form selecting Postgraduate Taught from the Level of Entry drop down.
Further information is available in our CPD courses for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Education, Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.