Engaging in Children and Young People's Mental Health
Level 6, 20 credits
This multi-disciplinary/agency CPD module has been designed to offer an introduction to engaging in children and young peoples mental health.
The course will be delivered during a semester and the teaching will be delivered over 7-8 weeks.
The total cost for this CPD module is £840.
One day per week (usually Wednesday) teaching commencing at 4.00pm and ending at 7.30pm. You will be required to undertake online activity in between sessions.
- Introduction to Mental health in children and young people
- Understanding child development and how this is interrupted
- Prevention and Health
- Spectrum of Need
- Consent, the Law and Ethics
- Common and Complex Disorders inc: Self harm and suicide, Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, autism and PTSD
- Associated Problems
- Effective and Sensitive Communication
- Risk taking behaviours
- Personal and professional resilience
- Debate and Debrief
You will assessed via a poster presentation with a verbal defense.
Evidence of study at level 5 to DipHe level
Dates for the coming year will be available shortly.
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form.
Further information is available in our CPD for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Health
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829