Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Practice
Level 7, 20 credits
During this course, you will analyse approaches to teaching, learning and assessment in practice. You will advance your reflective skills to facilitate self-development in applying the knowledge gained, to your own practice. This Masters-level module will develop your knowledge of the theory underpinning teaching, learning and assessment, and help you develop strategies and skills for supporting and developing learners in practice. You will share knowledge and experiences with colleagues and explore evidence and strategies for facilitating learning in your clinical area.
This course is 13 weeks in length with actual delivery over eight weeks.
Due to the current pandemic circumstances, the course delivery will be all online. There will be live online teaching via Zoom along with recorded sessions and online activities such as discussion boards, quizzes and reading.
The cost for this CPD module is £840
There is a requirement for full attendance for each of the sessions. Interaction with fellow students is important as you share experiences and approaches to teaching, learning and assessment, both in the live classroom sessions and in the virtual learning environment (Canvas).
This CPD will help you to critically analyse the evidence base for integrating and justifying the approaches used to enable learning through practice.
- You will analyse the evidence relating to supporting learners and respecting your accountability in ensuring the safety of patients/clients
- You will explore ways of improving learning environments and partnership working and enhancing learning and assessment.
- Time will be spent examining a variety of scenarios, critically discussing ways of managing difficult situations, and enhancing and improving effective practice.
Assessment for this Health and Social Care CPD will be via an essay and a reflective log of teaching, learning and assessment activities in practice. The pass mark is 50%.
- Evidence of degree level studies or equivalent
- This needs to be similar to other masters modules
- Access to learners in practice
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form.
Information is available in our CPD for healthcare professionals brochure.
For further information please contact:
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Health
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.