Level 6, 120 credits
This continuing professional development top-up BSc (Hons) degree in Paramedic Science (International) is ideal for qualified overseas paramedics who want to enhance their professional knowledge and career prospects.
The course duration is 1 year, commencing in September.
The cost for this course is £12,360
Full time, supported by skill development in clinical labs.
- For qualified, experienced overseas paramedics
- Develop your skills, knowledge and professional attitudes in order to provide effective, evidence-based care
- Study alongside colleagues from different counties
- Top up to a Batchelor’s degree from a UK globally recognised university
This course will help you develop a higher level of expertise, enhance the quality of your evidence-based practice, and develop your leadership and management potential. You will be taught by expert paramedic and health professionals with experience of working in the British National Health Service (NHS).
At LJMU, our clinical practice suites and teaching spaces provide a state-of-the-art learning environment that will enable you to develop and practices skills using the latest equipment. Our on-campus 'health village' emulates a patient’s journey from a home environment to the ambulance setting then into A&E and right through to rehabilitation.
As you study with colleagues from different countries you will develop your understanding of working with people from different cultures. This will also enhance your employability in the international health arena.
- This programme does not lead to licence to practice within the UK
- It will, however, enable you to contribute to the development of healthcare in your own country, or progress to postgraduate studies
Please contact the Admissions team for further details.
In order to be considered for this course, you must have:
- a qualification equivalent to a UK diploma of Higher Education (120 credits at Level 4 and 120 credits at Level 5)
- a paramedic qualification recognised in your home country
- a minimum of 1 year's experience practicing as a qualified paramedic
- an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each component)
- a visa to study in the UK
If you successfully complete this course, you will be awarded a BSc (Hons) in Paramedic Science (International).
How to apply
Please apply using the postgraduate online application form
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Education, Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.