We help you understand what to expect
Returning to education can be a challenging prospect. If you’re considering attending university, rest assured that LJMU has a rich tradition of welcoming mature students. We offer opportunities to engage with us throughout the year, for example we offer:
- Drop-in information, advice and guidance sessions
- Online chats
- Access to higher education talks
- Student finance information sessions
- UCAS application process and personal statement support
- Interview tips and techniques
- Interview practice
Come and meet us
LJMU hosts a number of campus drop-in coffee mornings and events throughout the year for students aged 21+. You will be able to speak to staff and students, discuss accommodation, receive expert funding advice and pick up tips for your UCAS application. These are family-friendly events and refreshments are provided.
Chat to us online
Throughout the year the Outreach Team also run online chat events, giving students access to the most relevant and useful information during the application process.
At our frequent 'ask a student' events, current LJMU students offer their unique perspective on what it is like to live and study here.
Chatting could not be simpler:
- Visit the online chat page to see a list of scheduled events
- Register for your event or log straight in if the event is live
- Start chatting to receive invaluable advice from subject experts
Interested in meeting other mature students?
While studying at LJMU you can meet other mature students by joining the Mature Student Network. Open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, the group meet regularly to socialise and offer support to one another.