Virtual delivery/university outreach support
Take a look at how LJMU outreach can support your school or college
The Outreach Team provides comprehensive support to schools and colleges at both pre- and post-16 education level. Our pages provide details of the full range of activities we offer on and off campus to different key stages. In light of the Covid-19 outbreak, we are here to still support prospective students and applicants, as well as teachers/careers advisers.
We have compiled a number of useful links to different websites to support you and we are creating new session content all the time. We are also happy to deliver live virtual events. For more information contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be hosting live events throughout the year. Click on the virtual events drop down for more information. If you miss a session we will be putting them on our new Outreach on Demand dropdown, so students and staff can access them anytime.
Teachers/careers advisers may also be interested in our dedicated support page full of useful web links to support your students.
Virtual campus tours
Take a virtual tour of our campuses and explore our accommodation.
Creative Contest - National Care Leavers Week
In Celebration of National Care Leavers Week Liverpool John Moores University are running an online creative competition for the next generation of poets, songwriters and storytellers.
We are looking for entries from young people across the country whether it is your first time putting pen to paper or you have been painting for years, we want to hear from you.
There will be three winning entries with up to £100 Amazon Vouchers up for grabs.
- Must be aged 11-16 years old
- Currently in foster, local authority or adoptive care
Please submit one of the following:
- Written song
- A poem
- Short story of no more than 500 words
- Piece of artwork be a sketch, drawing or painting
Your submission can be about anything that means something to you, be a reflection of your life in care, someone you love or a symbol of journey through lockdown.
The competition will close on Friday 30 October, with winners announced on Friday 7 November*
In order to submit your entry please email email@example.com and include:
Contact email address (of which to receive the winning voucher)
School and Year group
Guardian name and phone number
Please check you have read the small print below:
* Winning entries may feature on the LJMU Webpage and/or social media platforms, if you are not happy for your name or entry to be shared, please inform us when entering the competition. Alternatively, we are happy to keep your name anonymous.
*Entrants can only enter individually with one entry per applicant
*There will be 3 winners selected which will be chosen by a panel of LJMU staff
* Entries must be an original piece of writing or art. As the submissions may be published it is important that these do not include names of other living persons. If you are unclear about whether your submission contradicts these terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
LJMU higher education/skill support sessions
Student life sessions
Student subject taster sessions
- Criminology and Psychology
- Media Production Taster
- Paramedic Science Taster
- Forensic Science Taster
- Sociology Taster
LJMU Academic Staff Videos
- From Burnley to Buckingham Palace - short video
- From Burnley to Buckingham Palace – full video
Support for Younger Years (Y9-Y11)
LJMU supporting Shaping Futures
We are one of twelve partners that form the collaborative programme, Shaping Futures as part of the Uni-Connect Programme. We deliver activities designed to raise aspirations and provide impartial HE information, advice and guidance to 14-18 year old learners from the Liverpool city region, to support them in fulfilling their educational potential. Our particular focus is on raising GCSE academic attainment in mathematics through mentoring sessions and GCSE Maths Club. This allows students to progress into HE with the required qualifications.
Shaping Futures (virtual delivery)
As a proud partner in the Shaping Futures – Uni Connect collaborative outreach network we are delighted to announce an eight week Information, Advice and Guidance programme commencing on Monday 27 April providing daily resources to support young people in the Liverpool City Region to make informed decisions about their future. The themes covered in the programme are listed below. Access to teacher and pupil resources and dates of themed weeks are accessed via the Shaping Futures website.
Week 1 – Wellbeing and Resilience
Week 2 – Student Finance
Week 3 – Study Skills
Week 4 – Student Life
Week 5 – Making Transitions
Week 6 – Careers (1)
Week 7 – Careers (2)
Week 8 – Making Applications
Working in collaboration with Shaping Futures, we are still able to support Y9-Y13 students with their maths GCSE/A-Level’s through the launch of Virtual Maths Club. Please contact LJMU’s Shaping Futures Project Officer for further information via email@example.com.
Absolute Chemistry works with widening participation students in the Liverpool City region to engage and enthuse pupils in Chemistry and Science.
LJMU useful weblinks
National Schools Observatory
The National Schools Observatory ran in collaboration with LJMU would like to offer our support to you virtually.
Further to our usual range of activities we would like to offer:
- Online questions and answers with an Astronomer/ask an Astronomer/ careers in space
- Online teacher support and training on our activities
- Online tutorials on how to use the NSO
- Dedicated support from the NSO Team
- Open to suggestions for other activities
The National Schools’ Observatory are here to support you and your school during this unusual time and hope that we can continue to offer a high level of service to our users.
- SACU – helping young people explore careers and skills
- Uni Taster Days – a listing of open days and events
- The Student Room – a discussion site for students
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance NI
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Finance Scotland
- Future Learn
- BoB (Box of Broadcasts)
- National Careers Service