Virtual resources for students
Take a look at how LJMU outreach can support your school or college
The Outreach Team provides comprehensive support to schools and colleges at both pre- and post-16 education level. Our pages provide details of the full range of activities we offer on and off campus to different key stages. In light of the Covid-19 outbreak, we are here to still support prospective students and applicants, as well as teachers/careers advisers.
We have compiled a number of useful links to different websites to support you and we are creating new session content all the time. We are also happy to deliver live virtual events. For more information contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer at LJMU
Join the LJMU Outreach team for a range of activities over the summer, including our Pre and Post 16 Summer Schools.
We will be hosting live events throughout the year. Click on the virtual events drop down for more information. If you miss a session we will be putting them on our new Outreach on Demand dropdown, so students and staff can access them anytime.
Teachers/careers advisers may also be interested in our dedicated support page full of useful web links to support your students.
Upcoming Live Events
Thank you for your interest in LJMU. We will be announcing our upcoming events soon. In the mean time check out our past events via Outreach on Demand.
Outreach on demand: catch up on past live events
Virtual campus tours
LJMU higher education/skill support sessions
Student life sessions
Click on the image below and listen to Claire Murphy talk about life at LJMU
- Engineering at LJMU - Efe Otobrise
- Coming over from Northern Ireland to study Psychology- Niamh Maccormac
- Northern Ireland Student Life at LJMU
- Moving in to student accommodation From Northern Ireland to LJMU - Jamie Harris
Subject taster sessions
- Criminology and Psychology
- Media Production Taster
- Paramedic Science Taster
- Forensic Science Taster
- Sociology Taster
- From Burnley to Buckingham Palace - short video
- From Burnley to Buckingham Palace – full video
Support for Younger Years (Y9-Y11)
National Schools' Observatory
The National Schools' Observatory ran in collaboration with LJMU would like to offer our support to you virtually.
Further to our usual range of activities we would like to offer:
- Online questions and answers with an Astronomer/ask an Astronomer/ careers in space
- Online teacher support and training on our activities
- Online tutorials on how to use the NSO
- Dedicated support from the NSO Team
- Open to suggestions for other activities
The National Schools’ Observatory are here to support you and your school during this unusual time and hope that we can continue to offer a high level of service to our users.
- SACU – helping young people explore careers and skills
- Uni Taster Days – a listing of open days and events
- The Student Room – a discussion site for students
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance NI
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Finance Scotland
- Future Learn
- BoB (Box of Broadcasts)
- National Careers Service