Virtual resources for students
Take a look at how LJMU outreach can support your school or college
The Outreach Team provides comprehensive support to schools and colleges at both pre- and post-16 education level. Our pages provide details of the full range of activities we offer on and off campus to different key stages. In light of the Covid-19 outbreak, we are here to still support prospective students and applicants, as well as teachers/careers advisers.
We have compiled a number of useful links to different websites to support you and we are creating new session content all the time. We are also happy to deliver live virtual events. For more information contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Live Events
Thank you for your interest in LJMU. We will be announcing our upcoming events soon. In the mean time check out our past events via Outreach on Demand.
Outreach on demand: catch up on past live events
National Care Leavers Week
In Celebration of National Care Leavers Week
Liverpool John Moores University are running an online creative competition
for the next generation of poets, songwriters and storytellers!
We are looking for entries from young people across the country whether it is your first time putting pen to paper or you have been painting for years, we want to hear from you.
There will be three winning entries with up to £100 Amazon Vouchers up for grabs.
- Must be aged 11-16 years old
- Currently in foster, local authority or adoptive care
Please submit one of the following:
- Written song
- A poem
- Short story of no more than 500 words
- Piece of artwork be a sketch, drawing or painting
Your submission can be about anything that means something to you, be a reflection of your life in care, someone you love or a symbol of journey through lockdown.
The competition will close on Friday 29th October, with winners announced on Friday 5th November
In order to submit your entry please email email@example.com and include:
Contact email address (of which to receive the winning voucher)
School and Year group
Guardian name and phone number:
Please check you have read the small print below 😊
* Winning entries may feature on the LJMU Webpage and/or social media platforms, if you are not happy for your name or entry to be shared, please inform us when entering the competition. Alternatively, we are happy to keep your name anonymous.
*Entrants can only enter individually with one entry per applicant
*There will be 3 winners selected which will be chosen by a panel of LJMU staff
* Entries must be an original piece of writing or art. As the submissions may be published it is important that these do not include any names of the entrant or other living persons. If you are unclear about whether your submission contradicts these terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual campus tours
LJMU higher education/skill support sessions
Student life sessions
Click on the image below and listen to Claire Murphy talk about life at LJMU
- Engineering at LJMU - Efe Otobrise
- Coming over from Northern Ireland to study Psychology- Niamh Maccormac
- Northern Ireland Student Life at LJMU
- Moving in to student accommodation From Northern Ireland to LJMU - Jamie Harris
Subject taster sessions
- Criminology and Psychology
- Media Production Taster
- Paramedic Science Taster
- Forensic Science Taster
- Sociology Taster
- From Burnley to Buckingham Palace - short video
- From Burnley to Buckingham Palace – full video
Support for Younger Years (Y9-Y11)
National Schools' Observatory
The National Schools' Observatory ran in collaboration with LJMU would like to offer our support to you virtually.
Further to our usual range of activities we would like to offer:
- Online questions and answers with an Astronomer/ask an Astronomer/ careers in space
- Online teacher support and training on our activities
- Online tutorials on how to use the NSO
- Dedicated support from the NSO Team
- Open to suggestions for other activities
The National Schools’ Observatory are here to support you and your school during this unusual time and hope that we can continue to offer a high level of service to our users.
- SACU – helping young people explore careers and skills
- Uni Taster Days – a listing of open days and events
- The Student Room – a discussion site for students
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance NI
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Finance Scotland
- Future Learn
- BoB (Box of Broadcasts)
- National Careers Service