Providing opportunities to Dream, Plan, Achieve
LJMU's Widening Participation Programme
Following our success with Aimhigher, we developed our own programme – Dream, Plan, Achieve – which we currently offer to 19 local secondary schools across Greater Merseyside.
The programme supports cohorts of students in Years 7-13 who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have no family history of attending higher education
- Are from a black or minority ethnic background
- Have a seen or unseen disability
- Are in local authority care
Visits across all secondary school age groups include:
- 'A Student Journey' drama production (Years 7 and 8)
- University: what's it all about? (Year 9)
- The three C's: careers, courses and choices (Year 10)
- Future Focus Days (Year 11)
- Student shadowing opportunities (Years 12 and 13)
- Summer residential opportunities (Years 12 and 13)
For further information on how to get involved with widening participation at LJMU contact email@example.com.