Submitting a graphic design request
The first step in any graphic design request has to be the brief - a set of instructions or directions about your design requirements.
Please do not leave your request to the last minute. The Design Studio receives a high volume of requests from all departments, faculties and schools across the university. At certain times of the year institutional priorities will need to take precedence.
Please follow these processes:
For straightforward requests where all information is provided up front, please complete this simple form so we can capture all we need to commence the design process.
For larger projects, or full marketing campaigns, please arrange a meeting with the studio manager to discuss your requirements.
- Submit your design brief (as above)
- Please provide content that is final and approved prior to us starting the design
- Project timescales will be planned backwards in order to meet your deadline
- The designers will develop some concepts and explore visual options
- We will send you a pdf proof for approval
- Review and provide clear amends – preferably as annotations on the pdf (see guidance notes attached) - or approval
- Please don’t ask questions within your edits unless they are querying a design decision
- We will send you a revised proof for final approval
- Once the artwork is approved by you, we will send the artwork to print or create an electronic version, based on your requirements
Most design will be done in-house and will be free of charge, but at busy times or for larger projects we may need to use an external agency. We will advise you in advance if your design request incurs a cost.
Print and production
If you have requested a printed item, we will send you quotes from one of our approved LJMU suppliers. As per LJMU procurement guidelines, a purchase order will need to be raised prior to production.