Welcome to the LJMU Human Resources (HR) webpages. Whether you are an existing or a new member of staff, we hope you will find the information you need.
Our focus is to enable the delivery of the HR Strategy and demonstrate our commitment to becoming an employer of choice, creating a high performance culture, developing our staff and managers and increasing staff engagement across the University.
What We Do
The success of the University depends on you, the people who work here, our staff are key to the successful achievement of the University’s strategic aims and are the reason why we want to attract and retain the very best staff.
Our 2017 staff engagement survey demonstrates that our staff: -
- Care about their job
- Believe their role makes a difference to students
- Are proud of the work they do
- Are proud to work at LJMU
The HR Team support the whole of the employee lifecycle from recruitment, induction, professional development and progression. We operate across all areas of the University’s activity, helping devise and implement people strategies and policies in relation to staff recognition and reward, equality and diversity, staff engagement and staff wellbeing as well as providing a comprehensive range of HR services, including:
- Focusing on employee engagement, we know that staff who enjoy their role and are managed well, will not only be happier, healthier and more fulfilled, but are also more likely to drive productivity, better services, and innovation. This mutual gains view of motivation and people management lies at the heart of how we approach employee engagement.
- Operating a HR Business Partner model, our HR Business Partners deliver a range of services including:
- Provide employment advice to all staff
- Recruitment support
- Deliver organisational and cultural change,
- Support and develop our leaders and managers to become the very best people managers.
- We recognise that fostering employee well-being is good for our staff and the University. Promoting well-being can help prevent stress and create positive working environments where individuals thrive. Good health and well-being can be a core enabler of employee engagement and organisational performance. That’s why we provide a comprehensive Occupational Health service and a range of accompanying staff wellbeing initiatives.
- We have an Organisational Development team who are committed to developing and embedding a high performance-orientated culture which positively impacts on the student experience, improving the quality of leadership and management and improving organisational effectiveness, helping line managers establish trust-based relationships, engage and develop their teams and implement our policies and procedures in a fair and consistent way.
- We are committed to working closely with our staff groups and Trade Unions focusing on building a positive climate of employee relations - with high levels of employee involvement, commitment and engagement.
- We understand the compelling case for diversity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond. Our HR Team have a key part to play in encouraging diversity and creating an inclusive workplace culture.
Our Commitment to Service Enhancement
We are committed to providing the highest standards in terms of the services we offer. Any feedback on where and how we can improve is welcomed.
Executive Director, Human Resources
Tel: 0151 904 6114