Shared File Storage on JT2
LJMU Staff can apply for a small file share on the premium service free of charge. An initial 1GB of disk space will be allocated at set up and can be incremented further as and when needed.
This service offers a number of advantages over local file stores on individual PCs.
The advantages include:
- Premium Disks
- Replicated across server rooms for maximum availability
- They are backed up every night.
- Back-up tapes are held off-site for security (standard shares and production servers only)
- They are available from anywhere, over the network
- They are not subject to the same hazards of theft or damage as local drives.
- Business critical information (requiring guaranteed availability)
- Volatile data
- Live data
Externally Funded/Commercial Activity
If the file share is for the purpose of an externally funded project or for commercial activity, charges will apply. The charge is for a period of 4 years at the end of which you will be contacted and offered the option to renew. – See ‘ITS Chargeable Services’
Non LJMU Staff
Charges will apply. The charge is for a period of 4 years at the end of which you will be contacted and offered the option to renew. – See ‘ITS Chargeable Services’
How can I request a share on the Premium Service?
IT Services can create one for you; please request it via our Self-Service Portal - Click on ‘Shared File Storage’ then 'New Premium Share for Core Business’ or ‘New Premium Share - Externally Funded/Commercial’