Registry Services is a front facing support team responsible for delivering professional services to students, university staff and external agencies. Registry Services are the ‘guardians’ of the student record and the team is responsible in liaison with Faculties for policy, process and operational delivery for the range of administrative processes that underpin the student journey, for example:
- online registration and enrolment
- module registration
- change of circumstances i.e. Leave of Absence or Withdrawal
- tuition fees, fee payment and debt management
- student bursaries and funding
- student records and amending personal data
- extenuating circumstance claims
- council tax exemption certificate
- standard letters (for opening bank accounts, gym membership or visas for an international student)
- examinations and examination timetables
- UKVI monitoring and compliance
- Sponsor requests
- certificates and awards
The team provide support through phone, email and MY LJMU, which allows students and staff to access and submit a range of online forms and obtain support without having to come into the University.
Registry Services work with a number of external agencies to support the delivery and processing of student information e.g. Student Loans Company, UK Visas and Immigration, Local Authorities, US Federal Loans.
Progression, Examination and Awards
The Progression, Examination and Awards Team are responsible for providing a high quality service relating to the management of the business processes for assessment, examinations, progression, awards and graduation , providing consistent advice, guidance and support across the University on a range of processes, and the production of certificates and final transcripts.