Join the team at Liverpool John Moores University.
Why join us?
- An employer of choice
We were the first UK university to be recognised by the British Quality Foundation for business excellence and people management practice
- Committed to equality and diversity
Liverpool John Moores University prides itself on being an inclusive workplace
- Fantastic benefits
We provide an excellent benefits (and benefits plus) package
- Great opportunities for developing yourself
We offer extensive professional development opportunities
- Exciting times are ahead
As the University prepares to meet the challenges of the 21st century and looks forward to the Connected University Village project, it’s a great time to join us
- A great working culture
We’re a friendly and supportive bunch. We enjoy each other’s company so we get together whenever we can – sharing what we know, chatting over cake and coffee, attending events. We’re relaxed yet driven
- A rewarding career
Every member of staff at LJMU works towards enhancing the experience and opportunities for students. Do you have what it takes to make a positive impact on our students? Join the 2,500 strong community of academic staff, researchers and other professionals that are helping to shape the minds of the future. Watch this inspirational video to see what some of our students think of LJMU staff
You'll also experience the rewards of working at LJMU in other ways. Making sure you develop your career is very important so that's why we offer a wide range of accredited qualifications and courses to help you succeed, find out more in our professional development section
- Modern facilities
We’ve invested £160 million in the development of state-of-the-art facilities
and we’ve got big plans for further investment in our infrastructure in the next few years
- Research focused
We’re working on innovations and creative thought with real outcomes that benefit society today and help to shape tomorrow. With our 13 research centres, four research institutes and 550 postgraduate research students, we are ranked in the top 25 English universities for PhD completion rates
See the type of research we’re involved in.
- We’re established and building on our past successes
We began as a mechanics and apprentices library in 1825 and we’ve grown into a 25,000 strong student community, have established partnerships with other respected education institutions, high profile businesses and cultural organisations globally and our buildings have transformed the cityscape
If this sounds like your sort of place, we’d love you to join us. Take a look at our current vacancies.
Benefits to working with us:
- Annual leave: allowance of 30 days (for grade 3-7 staff) and 35 days (for grades 8 and above)
- Childcare: vouchers which are exempt from tax and national insurance (up to a value of £243 per month). You could save up to £933 per year
- Pension: access to a generous defined benefit pension scheme
- Travel: various interest free travel loans for annual season tickets, cycle to work scheme and reduced-rate city centre car parking
- Flexible working: maintain a healthy balance between work and home life with opportunities to work flexibly - including flexitime and job sharing where possible
- Health and wellbeing: we offer counselling and advice services, a voluntary dental plan option and free off-peak gym membership to help you keep fit
- Professional development: our Centre for Staff Development offers ILM recognised leadership and management support, mentoring, 1 to 1 coaching and a wide range of professional development courses. We take career progression seriously and encourage all staff to maintain their continuous professional development. There are opportunities to take part in accredited qualifications in Education and Training (CIEH), Leadership and Management Development (ILM), Developing Professional Practice (SEDA) and online ITQs accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS)
- Community: there are plenty of opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering, supporting our Corporate Charities and getting involved in groups such as LJMU Together which recognises the contribution of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender staff and students, Disability Equality Group and Culturally Diverse Group. There is also an opportunity to give to charities through the Payroll Giving scheme
- Benefits Plus: in addition to the great benefits above, our close ties to organisations and businesses within the region and further afield means we can offer discounts for many shops, restaurants and services, free off-peak gym membership and free or discounted tickets to a range of events
Relocating to Liverpool?
Take a look at our relocating section for everything you need to know about what it’s like to live here and how we can help you with your move.