Vacancies at LJMU
Join the team at Liverpool John Moores University
Why join us?
- An employer of choice
We were the first UK university to be recognised by the British Quality Foundation for business excellence and people management practice
- Committed to equality and diversity
Liverpool John Moores University prides itself on being an inclusive workplace
- A Living Wage employer
We were an early adopter and the largest employer in Liverpool to become a Living Wage employer
- Fantastic benefits
We provide an excellent benefits (and Benefits Plus) package
- Great opportunities for developing yourself
We offer extensive professional development opportunities
- A renewed vision for the future
Our new 2017-2022 Strategic Plan builds upon our recognised success in the 2017 National Student Survey, TEF, QAA Higher Education Review and REF2014 as well as ongoing investments in digital learning technologies, the development of a new student-focussed campus and the continued expansion of our international operations
- A great working culture
We work together as 'One University' – sharing knowledge, working in partnership and coming together with a common purpose
- A rewarding career
Every member of staff at LJMU works towards enhancing the experience and opportunities for students. Do you have what it takes to make a positive impact on our students? Join the 2,000+ strong community of academic staff, researchers and other professionals that are helping to shape the minds of the future
- Modern facilities
We’ve invested £160 million in the development of state-of-the-art facilities and we’ve got big plans for further investment in our infrastructure in the next few years
- Research focused
We’re working on innovations and creative thought with real outcomes that benefit society today and help to shape tomorrow. With our four research centres, five research institutes, numerous research groups and 550 postgraduate research students, we are ranked in the top 25 English universities for PhD completion rates. See the type of research we’re involved in
- We’re established and building on our past successes
We began as a mechanics and apprentices library in 1823 and we’ve grown into a 25,000 strong student community, have established partnerships with other respected education institutions, high profile businesses and cultural organisations globally and our buildings have transformed the cityscape
If this sounds like your sort of place, we’d love you to join us. Take a look at our current vacancies.
Benefits to working with us
As a member of the LJMU community you will be able to access a wide range of benefits to help support your lifestyle and interests including:
- Annual leave: allowance of 30 days (for grade 3-7 staff and the Executive Leadership Team) and 35 days (for grades 8-10) plus 8 public holidays
- Pension: access to a generous defined benefit pension scheme
- Travel: various interest free travel loans for annual season tickets, cycle to work scheme and reduced-rate city centre car parking
- Flexible working: maintain a healthy balance between work and home life with opportunities to work flexibly – including flexitime and job sharing where possible
- Health and wellbeing: we offer counselling and advice services, a voluntary dental plan option and free off-peak gym membership to help you keep fit
- Professional development: our Leadership and Development Foundations offers ILM recognised leadership and management support, mentoring, 1 to 1 coaching and a wide range of professional development courses. We take career progression seriously and encourage all staff to maintain their continuous professional development. There are opportunities to take part in accredited qualifications in Education and Training (CIEH), Leadership and Management Development (ILM), Developing Professional Practice (SEDA) and online ITQs accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS)
- Community: there are plenty of opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering, supporting our Corporate Charities and getting involved in groups such as LJMU Together which recognises the contribution of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender staff and students, Disability Equality Group and Culturally Diverse Group. There is also an opportunity to give to charities through the Payroll Giving scheme
- ‘More For You’ from Vivup: in addition to the great benefits above, our close ties to organisations and businesses within the region and further afield means we can offer discounts for many shops, restaurants and services, free off-peak gym membership and free or discounted tickets to a range of events.
Relocating to Liverpool?
Take a look at our relocating section for everything you need to know about what it’s like to live here and how we can help you with your move.
Vacancy with LJMU Partner, Study Group
About Study Group
Study Group is a world leader at providing degree preparation courses and English language education to students from around the world and has been working with Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) since 2008. Since then, hundreds of students have studied at the International Study Centre where they are helped to become familiar with British culture so they can easily adapt to their new life in Liverpool.
Our expert teaching staff ensure students have the English language and academic skills they need to succeed in their degree programme. When they have finished their course at the International Study Centre, provided they meet the required grades, they will progress directly to degree study at LJMU.
The following opportunity with Study Group is now available in Liverpool:
Associated terms and conditions for the role can be found on the Study Group website.