Jobs and vacancies at LJMU
Join the team at Liverpool John Moores University
Why join us?
- We were the first UK university to be recognised by the British Quality Foundation for business excellence and people management practice.
- We are an inclusive workplace and pride ourselves on being committed to equality and diversity.
- In addition to our fantastic benefits (and Benefits Plus) package, Liverpool John Moores was an early adopter, and the largest employer in Liverpool to become a Living Wage Employer.
- We work together as ‘One University’ – sharing knowledge, working in partnership, and coming together with a common purpose.
- So far, we’ve invested £160 million in the development of state-of-the-art facilities, and we’ve got big plans for further investment in our infrastructure in the next few years.
Established and building on our past successes
A renewed vision for the future
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation
A rewarding career
If this sounds like your sort of place, we’d love you to join us. Take a look at our current vacancies.
Benefits to working with us
As a member of the LJMU community you will be able to access a wide range of benefits to help support your lifestyle and interests including:
- Annual leave: allowance of 30 days (for grade 3-7 staff and the Executive Leadership Team) and 35 days (for grades 8-10) plus 8 public holidays
- Pension: access to a generous defined benefit pension scheme
- Travel: various interest free travel loans for annual season tickets and cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working: maintain a healthy balance between work and home life with opportunities to work flexibly – including flexitime and job sharing where possible
- Health and wellbeing: we offer a wide range of wellbeing support including Employee Assistance Programme, mental health support, annual voluntary dental plan and on site gym facilities.
- Community: there are plenty of opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering, supporting our Corporate Charities and getting involved in groups such as LJMU Together which recognises the contribution of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender staff and students, Disability Equality Group and Culturally Diverse Group. There is also an opportunity to give to charities through the Payroll Giving scheme
- ‘More For You’ from Vivup: in addition to the great benefits above, our close ties to organisations and businesses within the region and further afield means we can offer discounts for many shops, restaurants and services and free or discounted tickets to a range of events.
Relocating to Liverpool?
Take a look at our relocating section for everything you need to know about what it’s like to live here and how we can help you with your move.