How to apply for a CPD course
Once you have browsed through our continuing professional development courses and have found a course that interests you, please use the online application form to apply for your course.
Guidance notes for the application process
- So that we can provide you with a quick decision, you should include all the required qualifications, grades and skills needed to study the programme as outlined in the course information
- Some CPD courses require you to apply via external websites, for example NHS funded health-related courses. Please check the specific course information to find out where you should complete an application
- To apply for Policing CPD courses you must register your interest via the form which is available on each course page. Once you have submitted your application you will be contacted by the Head of CPD Programmes
- Prior to starting the application form we recommend you have to hand details of all your qualifications; you will be required to supply your grades and the date you successfully completed your course(s)
- If you are an international student your passport details and/or international agent number will be required
- You will be asked to give details of why you want to study the programme. Please make sure you include in here any relevant skills or work experience you have
- A pre-written personal statement can be copied and pasted into your application in the appropriate section of the online form
- When choosing a course from the course list on the application form, ensure you double click the course title to select that course
Please follow the instructions given to complete the online form carefully. Throughout the application form there are guidance boxes to help you.
What happens after you apply?
- You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have received your application
- You’ll then receive a second email containing the contact details of the relevant Faculty and your unique reference number
- Your application will be reviewed and an initial decision made as soon as possible. If your application is successful we will contact you to request further supporting documentation including proof of qualifications and references
If you have any questions please get in touch with us via our online enquiry form or call 0151 231 5090.