Students from Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showman and Boater (GTRSB) Communities
Liverpool John Moores is a proud signatory of the GTRSB Pledge. The Pledge is the University’s commitment to undertake a range of steps to support GTRSB individuals studying or working in higher education.
As a University, we value the diversity, strengths and contributions of each member of our LJMU community. We recognise also that individuals from GTRSB communities may face specific barriers to accessing and succeeding in higher education and are support is intended to assist you in having as fulfilling a student experience as you choose to. By signing the GTRSB Pledge, the University also commits to working with our GTRSB students to celebrate their individual cultures and raise awareness of their collective histories.
Support before you join LJMU
You can contact the team by emailing outreach@LJMU.ac.uk.
A dedicated point of contact
Our Inclusion Support team can assist you with any information, advice and support you may require at any stage of your studies at LJMU. We can also signpost you to other services within LJMU and externally, should you need them.
Our support includes, but isn’t limited to:
- A dedicated point of contact who you can get to know and will assist in your transition to studying at LJMU.
- Applying for Student Finance and other sources of funding.
- Securing student accommodation in an LJMU partner hall.
- Finding employment with LJMU via UniTemps.
- Specialist support from our Academic Achievement team.
- Accessing our wellbeing, disability support and counselling services.
- Social events and opportunities to meet other GTRSB students.
The support we offer is based around your individual needs. These may change over time. We will respect your confidentiality in all our interactions with you.
Get in touch by emailing inclusionsupport@LJMU.ac.uk.
Support in accessing student accommodation
LJMU guarantees all first year students a place in an LJMU partner hall, once you have selected LJMU as your First Choice university with UCAS. This accommodation can be available all year round, should you wish.