Investing in your future
Reduction on fees for postgraduate study
Undertaking a programme of postgraduate study is a great way to enhance your competitive edge: research by the Higher Education Policy Institute indicates that postgraduates on average earn 15% more than graduates with a first.
LJMU Alumni Award – 20% tuition fee discount
If you’re a former Liverpool John Moores University student, you could be eligible for a 20% discount on your postgraduate tuition fees. The fee reduction will apply automatically to eligible students. You do not need to apply. The 20% reduction will be applied to all years of the postgraduate programme being studied, not just the first year and applies to Home and EU LJMU graduates.
- You have successfully completed a degree programme from Liverpool John Moores University, irrespective of when you graduated
- The Award can apply to any taught postgraduate masters level or research degree programme
- You can either be paying your own fees or in receipt of sponsorship from a third party (see Exclusions below)
- The 20% award only applies to new programmes of study commencing in 2016/17 academic year onwards
- It is open to students from the UK and the EU
- The Award will only apply to one programme of study therefore if you are attending more than one eligible programme you will have the award applied to the programme with the greater fee value
- You'll only receive the award once during your studies. Subsequent further study will not be eligible if you have already been in receipt of the Award. Awards cannot be applied retrospectively
Eligibility will be assessed from information held by LJMU regarding your prior study declared in your admission application, you'll receive a letter prior to the start of your studies advising you of the fee reduction.
- PGC/DE programmes
- If you are in receipt of a fee bursary for the following programmes you will be excluded: MA Social Work, MSc Environmental Planning
- CPD programmes
- Liverpool John Moores University staff who are fully sponsored under the University’s Staff Development Policy will be excluded
- If you are in receipt of an LJMU tuition fee scholarship you will not be able to receive both awards and will be allocated the award with the highest value
- If you are an international student you will not be able to claim the Award. Find out about International Student Scholarships
- If you are currently in receipt of the 15% Alumni Award, you will continue to receive the 15% discount until completion of your programme of study