Liverpool: a great place to live, a great place to study.
At Liverpool John Moores University we might search into the furthest reaches of space and question the nature of the sub-atomic soup of particles that surrounds us – but when it comes to matters closer to us we’re sure of one thing: Liverpool is where YOU want to be.
Liverpool waterfront, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, featuring The Three Graces: the Royal Liver, Cunard and Port of Liverpool Buildings.
We make our home in what The Times of London described as ‘the coolest place to live in the UK’ and we can’t wait to welcome you. Sure, you will enjoy a student experience at LJMU that encompasses the academic excellence offered by high quality teaching, ground-breaking research and extensive links with employers and business leaders; but we are also confident you will benefit from the best this multi-cultural city has to offer.
Safe, friendly and affordable, Liverpool takes its place in the zeitgeist as one of the best places to study in Europe. The city is a former European Capital of Culture and was named as one of ‘the top ten cities to visit in the world’ by travel guide gurus ‘Rough Guides’.
With more theatres and museums than any other UK city outside London, Liverpool stands apart from the rest of the British Isles as its own catalyst, bursting at the seams with venues, festivals and events celebrating all things cultural.
Liverpool facts and figures
- The city has more galleries and museums, including Tate Liverpool and the Museum of Liverpool Life, than any other city outside London and boasts outstanding architecture around virtually every corner
- Liverpool was crowned UNESCO City of Music in 2015
- Liverpool Biennial is the largest contemporary visual arts event in the UK, and one of the world’s best attended arts festivals
- Liverpool is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, like the Great Wall of China and the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt
- Purple flag accreditation means Liverpool is a safe place to enjoy a night out
Like our city, LJMU is passionate, innovative, curious and creative – and our bonds with the city that surrounds us are deep and strong.
Come and take a look at how Liverpool can help shape YOUR future for the better.