Information for employers
Together we will develop the talent of the future
A Degree Apprenticeship is an alternative pathway into work-based learning. Under the scheme, apprentices, sponsored by their employers, gain a degree alongside practical skills developed in the workplace. If you aren’t familiar with the scheme, you can find out all you need to know from the What is a Degree Apprenticeship? section.
Get the best people for your business
Sponsoring a Degree Apprentice makes sense for your business. You’ll gain a highly-skilled employee with both the academic qualifications and the relevant practical skills that will enhance your workforce. By working for your company, a Degree Apprentice will develop an in-depth understanding of the sector and your business and by studying part-time at LJMU they’ll bring a fresh perspective and up-to-date knowledge to their job.
Benefits of sponsoring a Degree Apprentice
- Enhance your workforce
- Fill the skills gap
- Access funding
- Gain employees with tailored skills and knowledge
- Grow your business
- Develop and shape the curriculum
- Upskill existing staff
- Increase productivity
- Demonstrate your commitment to investing in people
As you can see, Degree Apprenticeships offer businesses many benefits but there are lots of myths that get in the way of employers taking up these fantastic opportunities.
Why work with us?
As one of the largest and most well-established universities in the UK we provide students with a high quality learning experience informed by relevant, world-leading research and delivered by passionate academics who are experts in their fields. Our students work with the latest technology and specialist equipment in modern laboratories, workshops, practice suites, simulated environments and high-spec computer labs.
When it comes to Degree Apprenticeships, LJMU is here to guide you through the whole process. We will:
- take care of the administration and management of the apprenticeship to ensure the process goes smoothly and successfully
- provide flexible delivery options to work around your business needs
- work in partnership with you to ensure you’re involved in the programme design and delivery
- provide you with a dedicated team who are approachable and easy to work with
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate and network with other employers within and beyond your sector
of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices
of a Degree Apprentice's time is spent in the workplace
of employers believe apprenticeships led to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
"Laing O’Rourke has a long standing relationship with LJMU and we are proud to continue that partnership through delivery of Degree Apprenticeships. The University has provided us with outstanding customer service, working collaboratively with us to ensure each apprentice gets the most out of their education."
Who we work with
We work with a number of businesses from small niche companies to large global organisations.
Ready to employ a Degree Apprentice?
Whether your business is large or small, we’d love to talk to you about working together to deliver your workforce strategy through this new and exciting programme. If you need further information or are interested in partnering with us please get in touch.
We have six new Degree Apprenticeship programmes in the pipeline. Get in touch if you would like to partner with us to develop your workforce in the following areas:
- Youth Work
- Transport Planning
- Digital and Technology Solutions
- Creative Digital Design Professional
- Serious and Complex Crime Investigation
- Applied Management (Policing)