Support for students with a disability
You may not need support, but if you do there are a number of ways we can help.
As a student with a disability there is a huge variety of services and support available to you. Below you'll find information about those services and how you can access them during your time at Liverpool John Moores University.
Let us know about your disability
The Disability Advice Team will help you access the support you need. The best time to contact the Disability Advice Team is before you start your course. By contacting the team before you begin and disclosing your disability, you'll be able to receive support from when you arrive.
To let the team know that you have a disability, please contact us - we'll be happy to help:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone: 0151 231 3168
Learning Support Plan
- Have you disclosed your disability to Liverpool John Moores University?
- Have you organised an access visit, if necessary, for accommodation and site of study?
- Have you made an appointment with the Disability Advice Team?
- If you think that you may be dyslexic, have you enquired about diagnostic testing?
- Have you applied to your funding body for Disabled Students Allowance?
- Has your funding body responded authorising a Needs Assessment?
If they haven’t, please contact the Disability Advice team on 0151 904 6052.
- Has an appointment been made for a Needs Assessment?
- Has the report been received back from the Needs Assessor?
- Have you made a follow-up appointment with the Disability Advice team to discuss your Needs Assessment and Individual Student Learning Plan?
- Have you contacted your School Disability Coordinator?
- Are all provisions satisfactorily in place?
- If all provisions are not in place, have you contacted the Disability Advice team and the Disability Coordinator?
- Have you informed the Disability Advice team of any changes to your disability or medical condition?
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to tell the University about my disability?
I have a disability but do not require support. What do I need to do?
What will happen in my appointment with you and who will I see?
"LJMU helped me apply for my Disability Students' Allowance. I feel I was supported by teaching and other staff and feel more prepared for the world of work."
Contact the Disability Advice Team
The Disability Team can currently be contacted by emailing email@example.com .