Information for learners
Now's the time to start a Degree Apprenticeship
A Degree Apprenticeship is an alternative pathway into work-based learning. Degree Apprentices, sponsored by their employers, earn their degree alongside practical skills developed in the workplace. If you aren’t familiar with the programme, you can find out all you need to know from the What is a Degree Apprenticeship section.
Get the best of both worlds
If you’re looking to gain a professional qualification and work experience in line with your career aspirations, a Degree Apprenticeship makes sense. By taking this route, you’ll develop practical skills through on-the-job training, earn a wage and graduate without paying tuition fees. As you’ll be spending most of your time at work and studying at Liverpool John Moores University for one day a week, you'll benefit from learning sector-based skills while accessing higher level knowledge directly related to your career.
Is it the right path for me?
There are many advantages to becoming a Degree Apprentice:
- Having worked in the industry, you’ll have the skills, experience and confidence to prepare you for your career
- An employer will invest in your future, so all of your tuition fees will be paid for
- You’ll receive a regular income, paid holidays and all the other benefits that employment provides
- You’ll learn the latest technologies, access modern facilities and learn from experts at LJMU
- You’ll work among experienced professionals who can provide insight into the sector
- You’ll be well on your way to achieving accreditation in your profession (depending on your chosen degree)
- You’ll be able to take part in all aspects of student life and meet new friends and networks
- With a curriculum informed by your employer alongside LJMU, you’ll learn relevant skills to your sector
- You’ll gain a degree from one of the UK’s most well-established and respected universities
- You’ll get support on both sides of the learning experience, through mentorship on the job and from your tutors and fellow students while in the classroom
To get an idea of what a Degree Apprenticeship might be like, why not meet our apprentices?
Explore Degree Apprenticeships
"I thought this route would be best for me as it means I have the benefits of both learning methods. I will understand the practical work provided with Laing O’Rourke because I have the theory and knowledge from LJMU and the hands-on work will help me to retain the knowledge from my university studies."
Career prospects for Degree Apprentices
You might not have considered some of the careers that are available via the Degree Apprenticeship route. Why not check out our Degree Apprenticeship roles to find out about the career prospects, typical salaries and types of employers within the subject areas on offer at LJMU?
is the Government target for the number of new apprentices to be in place by 2020
of a Degree Apprentice's time is spent in the workplace
is the maximum amount of time you have to complete your degree
Who we work with
We work with a number of businesses from small niche companies to large global organisations.
How to apply
Take a look at the How do I become a Degree Apprentice section or view the current vacancies. If you need further information please send us an email.
Test your knowledge of Degree Apprenticeships by taking our quiz.