Tuition fee deposit for international students
International applicants need to pay a deposit
As an international student, unless you are exempt, you will need to pay a tuition fee deposit. The deposit amount for students starting at LJMU in 2018/19 is 50% of your first year fee. Once the deposit has been paid, a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies can be issued.
Pay your deposit
You can pay your deposit using our online payment system.
If you choose to do so, you can pay more than the deposit amount before you arrive in the UK. If you choose to pay more than the deposit amount, this will be reflected in your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies letter. Your deposit can be used to offset any final fee payment in your second semester. Alternatively, you will be able to receive the full deposit back at the end of the second semester.
When paying your deposit, please quote your LJMU Applicant ID number, as well as the month and year you will be starting at LJMU. For example, September 2018.
Your deposit and your visa
Having paid your deposit, a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number will be produced. You can use this Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number to apply for your visa. Read this step-by-step visa guide for more information about your visa application.
Exceptions – do you need to pay a deposit?
You may not need to pay a deposit if you are a:
- student who is sponsored by a Liverpool John Moores University recognised sponsor. You must provide appropriate evidence of official sponsorship
- student in receipt of a 100% Liverpool John Moores University fee scholarship
- student in receipt of a US loan
Deposit refund policy
Deposits will only be refunded to the person or body who paid the fee if one of the following applies:
- The visa application is refused
- The course is cancelled and a satisfactory alternative is not available
- The applicant fails to meet the academic conditions of the offer
- Serious personal accident*
- Death of close family member*
- Impact of natural disaster
- Civil disruption
*Evidence may be required
Please note: In the event of tuition fee deposit refunds, a non-refundable administration fee of £250 will be deducted in order to cover any necessary administration costs related to the application.