Tuition fees

How much are your tuition fees?

Tuition fees, repayments and additional costs

Your fees will vary depending on the course or courses you choose to study. You'll find more information about tuition fees below.

Fees for undergraduate students

2023/24 fees

Classroom based

Laboratory based

Industrial placement year

Fees for postgraduate students

2023/24 fees

Classroom based

Laboratory based

Industrial placement year

*Please refer to your course factfile for specific fee information.

If you have any questions about tuition fees, please get in touch with one of our student advisors.

Please note: tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.

How to pay your fees

You can either:

  • pay your tuition fees in full before enrolment
  • pay 50% of your tuition fees to get your CAS and then the remaining 50% four months after enrolling

50% of your tuition fees is calculated as total fees divided by two. If your fees are £16,900 then you need to pay £8,450 as your deposit, whilst if your fees are £17,400 you need to pay £8,700.

Please note: any discounts/scholarships awarded will be deducted from the balance that is due 4 months after enrolling.

You can pay your tuition fees online, using Flywire.

Read the How to pay Guide.


Remember, as an international student you will also need to pay a deposit of 50% of your tuition to get the Certificate of Attendance of Studies (CAS) letter.

Budget for your living costs

As well as tuition fees, you need to budget for your living costs

You must budget for a minimum of £1,023 per month (at a maximum of nine months) to cover your living expenses, according to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). Therefore if you are coming to study for a course of nine months or more you will need £9,207.

Find out more on the UKCISA site

Work out your costs

Use the calculator and visit our accommodation pages

Your budget calculator

Use the International Student Calculator to help you plan and manage your money.


Liverpool John Moores University has a range of affordable and quality student accommodation.

For more information on financial aid for US students, see registry services.