Your identity at LJMU
The LJMU ID card is a multi-functional card issued to staff, students and visitors and is an important requirement for accessing various buildings and systems across the University.
The ID card provides:
- access to and around buildings
- the ability to borrow books, buy print/copy credits
- the ability to submit assignments, sit exams and access computing/printing facilities
- ID cards must be worn at all times
- You may be required to present the card for security purposes whilst on University premises and may be refused access to University facilities if you are unable to do so
- Cards are not transferable and must not be lent to others
New ID cards
ID cards can be produced at the following locations:
- Tithebarn Street Reception
- Redmonds Building Reception
Alternatively, you can email an electronic photo to G.Morris2@ljmu.ac.uk and a card can be sent out to you. When requesting a card to be sent out, please include:
- the barcode number you have been issued
- an address to send the card to
If you lose your card or your card is stolen, this needs to be reported to Security Administration Services as soon as possible: 0151 231 5649
You can buy a replacement card via the online shop. There will be a charge of £10 if the card is lost however, the charge will be waived if the card was stolen and you can quote a Police Crime Number. Once you have done this then you will be able to pick up your new card from any of our libraries between 8:45 and 5pm Monday to Friday. The new card will be produced for you by staff at the Hub within each library.
Your old card will be cancelled and cannot be reactivated if you recover it at a later date.
For further information regarding ID cards, please contact:
2nd Floor, Exchange Station,
Liverpool L2 2QP
tel: 0151 231 5649