Your identity at LJMU
The LJMU ID card is a multi-functional card issued to staff, students and visitors and is an important requirement for accessing various buildings and systems across the University.
The ID card provides:
- access to and around buildings
- the ability to borrow books, buy print/copy credits
- the ability to submit assignments, sit exams and access computing/printing facilities
- ID cards must be worn at all times
- You may be required to present the card for security purposes whilst on University premises and may be refused access to University facilities if you are unable to do so
- Cards are not transferable and must not be lent to others
If you’ve lost or misplaced your staff ID card you need to be issued with a new one.
This must be done ahead of trying to access any other buildings on campus.
If you’ve lost or misplaced your student ID card you need to be issued with a new one.
This must be done ahead of trying to access any other buildings on campus or attending university lectures/use any services.
Go to the MyLJMU app, or visit the MyLJMU website and choose ‘my services’.
Scroll down to Miscellaneous and choose ‘Request ID replacement’.
This will log a helpdesk ticket on your behalf and will keep you up to date all the way through the process. You will then receive a notification of when you can collect your new card.