Activating your account
Activate your computing account.
To access the computing facilities, you must first activate your computing account.
You can activate your account:
Offsite by visiting my.ljmu.ac.uk
- Select ‘My Account’
- Select ‘Activate My Account’
Onsite – Via an LJMU PC or Laptop
- Press return and you will see some options on the left hand side – Select ‘Activate My Account’
You will need to enter your name, date of birth and your Student number (e.g. PN123456) or your Staff number (e.g. EN123456) - or you can enter the 14 digit barcode number on your LJMU ID card.
- You will be asked to select some security questions and answers
(which you will need to remember if you forget your password in the future)
- You will be asked to set your own password
- You will be issued with your ‘username’ which you will use along with your password to log on and access the computing facilities.
Once you have activated your account and you logon for the first time you will be required to read and accept the’ IT Services Conditions of Use’. (NB: You will also need to confirm your acceptance of these conditions once a year– this is important because the Conditions change occasionally to account for changes in the law, University policy etc.)
- Your username is unique to you and your password should be kept confidential and secure. (Don't use obvious things like your telephone number, a postcode or a date of birth etc., but do make it memorable)
- Never tell anyone your password, or allow someone else to log in using your computer account.
- Your password expires every 60 days.
- If you forget your password, you will need your LJMU ID card to change it.
- It is a disciplinary offence to use another person's computing account.
If you encounter a problem, please contact Library Services or call into your local LJMU Library.