Resetting a Forgotten Password
How to change your password if you have forgotten it.
Please note: All staff and students should have a valid LJMU ID card. You will need your card if you forget your password.
To change your password if you have forgotten it, you can use one of the two options below:
Offsite by visiting my.ljmu.ac.uk
- Select ‘My Account’
- Select ‘Forgotten My Password’
- Click ‘Next’ to start the process.
Onsite – Via an LJMU PC or Laptop
- Press return and you will see some options on the left hand side – Select ‘Forgotten My Password’
- Click the arrow to start the process…
You will need to:
- Enter your Username
- Answer 1 of the questions that you set when you activated your account
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Enter the last three digits on the back of your LJMU ID card.
- Set a new password.
- Your username is unique to you and your password should be kept confidential and secure. (Don't use obvious things like your telephone number, a postcode or a date of birth etc., but do make it memorable)
- Never tell anyone your password, or allow someone else to log in using your computer account.
- It is a disciplinary offence to use another person's computing account.
If you need further assistance:
- Students – Please contact Library Services or visit your nearest LJMU Library (you will need your LJMU Student ID card)
- Staff – Please contact IT Services on +44 (0)151 231 5555 or visit your nearest Library (you will need your LJMU Staff ID card)