Changing your password
Changing your password
Please note: Keep your account secure with a memorable password and never divulge your password to anyone.
How do I change my password?
You can change your password using any of the following techniques:
Using a PC on the LJMU computer network
- Log in as normal
- Press and hold down CTRL+ALT+DEL
- In the dialog box that appears, click on Change Password...
- Type in your old password,
- Enter a new password
- Confirm your new password by typing it again in the Confirm New Password box.
- Finally, click on OK - (Your password will be updated)
Via the LJMU web site (off-campus)
You can use this option even if you current password has already expired.
- Visit myaccount.ljmu.ac.uk and choose ‘Change My Password‘– please note - this link will only work if you are off-campus.
- Enter your username, your current password, and a new password.
- Confirm your new password by entering it again in the Confirm Password box.
- Click on Change Password
- After a few moments, a box will appear, confirming that your password has changed.
- To move the cursor between the boxes on these forms, use the Tab key or the mouse - do not use Enter / Return
- Your password is case sensitive. For example, TOMORROW and tomorrow are different.
- To keep your account as secure as possible, your password will automatically expire after a set time.
- Passwords must contain at least 8 characters.
- If you are off-campus, you will receive notification through the Microsoft Outlook Web App, the Off Campus applications service or via one of the 'LJMU Anywhere' PCs within the 14-day countdown period.
- You must make sure that your password is not one that you have used previously at LJMU.
ITS will NEVER ask for your password, you should never divulge your password and if you think that your password has been changed by somebody else, you must change it immediately.
- On Site - Use a PC on the LJMU network and choose ‘Forgotten My Password’
- Off Site - Visit myaccount.ljmu.ac.uk and choose ‘Forgotten My Password’
If you are still having problems:
Students – Please contact Library Services or visit your nearest LJMU Library (you will need your LJMU Student ID card)
Staff – Please contact IT Services on +44 (0)151 231 5555 or visit your nearest Library (you will need your LJMU Staff ID card)