When does my account expire
Closing your IT account - Student
Your university IT account usually expires approximately 90 days after the completion of your programme of study as recorded in the Student Information System. This does NOT mean 90 days after graduation. You must ensure you take copies of any important work and emails prior to your completion date.
A notification regarding your account expiry date is sent to your LJMU email account approximately 1 month before the completion of your programme of study. However, this may not happen if your completion date is amended (e.g. backdated) on the Student Information System. It would therefore be advisable to take regular copies of any work/emails well in advance of your completion date.
Post Graduate Student
For Post Graduate students who submit their work and have already gone past their official programme completion date, the account may expire with immediate effect. Please ensure you take copies of any important work and emails prior to the submission of your work.
Withdraw or Discontinue?
For students who withdraw or discontinue from their course, the account may expire with immediate effect. Please ensure you take copies of any important work and emails prior to submitting your notification of withdrawal.
Please note: Once your IT account expires it is marked for deletion and no further access is permitted by LJMU
CANVAS - When will I lose access to Canvas?
- You will be able to logon to Canvas up until your account expires, including during your 90 days grace period.
- Please note: The University will retain coursework/assignments submitted in hard copy for a period of 6 months following submission. Please contact your School Office for further information. Coursework submitted electronically via the VLE will be kept whilst a student remains fully enrolled (with an active IT account) for the duration of the programme of study, in line with student access to work submitted via the VLE (as stated in the 'Data Protection for Students (Fair Processing Notice' )
Library Books - Will I still be able to borrow Library books during my 90 days grace period?
- No, you can only take out a Library Book on loan whilst you are fully enrolled. Access to this facility will cease when your course ends (the completion date as stated in the Student Information System) - SeeLibrary Regulations for more details. However, you will still have access to the Electronic Information Resources (e-books, e-journals and databases) during your 90 days grace period.
Office 365 - Willl I still be able to access Microsoft Office 365 and OneDrive?
- Yes, during your 90 days grace period as your subscription to Microsoft Office 365 which includes OneDrive will also expire.
Wireless Access - Will I still be able to access the LJMU Wireless Network?
- Yes, you will continue to have access to the LJMU Network via Eduroam up until your account expires, including during your 90 days grace period.
Careers Zone - Once I have graduated can I still use this service?
- You will be able to access the Careers Zone 24/7 digital careers tool using your LJMU credentials up until your LJMU account expires, including your 90 day grace period. Prior to losing access, you can convert your Careers Zone 24/7 account to an Alumni account, using a personal email address and a password of your choice, via the 'My Profile>Alumni Access' section of the platform. Once you have switched to an Alumni account you will have lifetime access to this service. See Careers Zone.
Please copy your work and emails
You are advised to take copies of any important work from Canvas, your M: drive, OneDrive and Email well in advance of your programme of study end date. Access to your account will not be granted once ithe account closes and further access is not permitted by LJMU.
Your Student Record
Although your IT account will be deleted shorlty after the account closes, LJMU will keep a full student record on the Student Information System for the duration of your studies at LJMU, plus one year. For further information see: 'Data Protection for Students (Fair Processing Notice)'
Closing your IT account - Staff
Your university IT account will expire at midnight on the day your contract ends.
Please note: Your subscription to Microsoft Office 365 which includes OneDrive will also expire. You are advised to take copies of your email, your M: drive and your OneDrive well in advance of your expiry date as access will not be granted once your account expires.
For more information, see the Staff Computer Account Deletion Policy