In 2019 Liverpool John Moores University took the decision to remove their onsite print room facility to free up space for additional teaching areas, whilst looking to increase the functionality and product offering available to students and staff alike.
This was a new, dynamic and forward thinking approach, one which has since been replicated by numerous other universities and colleges.
Through the portal
Print jobs are submitted to Apogee Outsourced Document Solutions via the online portal myprint.ljmu.ac.uk; an easy to use, intuitive system that allows users to quickly and efficiently order their printing.
Apogee print production facilities in Salford, Greater Manchester (soon to relocate to Warrington, Cheshire) and London fulfil all print orders in-house, and deliver back to LJMU within 24 hours to 3 working days.
Dynamic Delivery Options
Initially, completed jobs were returned solely to the LJMU post room for onward distribution, however the Covid-19 pandemic required more flexibility & agility and the service now allows for deliveries back to individual home addresses. During the various periods of lockdown, these deliveries went locally to LJMU, nationally & worldwide.
Offset your paper footprint through reforestation
LJMU are committed to continually find ways to support a more sustainable planet and together with Apogee are pleased to be part of an automated sustainability program focussed on reforestation through PrintReleaf. Our paper consumption through the my print portal is measured over time and our paper footprint is automatically reforested.
With a rapidly changing environment, new challenges are being faced and LJMU is extremely proud of being a contributor to the PrintReleaf reforesting initiative.
LJMU are proud to be a part of the Trillion Trees Movement and contribute to a decade-long journey to restore one trillion trees in forests that need it most around the world
- An efficient print fulfilment service available to all staff and students with visual prompts on the portal to help guide users through the process, this is alongside a step-by-step user guide.
- Access to the portal is available 24/7/365
- LJMU has access to state-of-the-art printing technology and a production team with decades of printing experience.
- The team are always available to talk through any requirements, cost-saving suggestions and best practices.
- A sustainable printing service that automatically offsets your paper footprint through reforestation
On top of the usual document printing Apogee also offer specialist & creative print Our previous projects include everything from window displays, Building wraps and even printing on ice at the Ice Bar in London.
All print orders through Papercut will automatically assign your cost code for billing. However, should you need to add or change a cost code on Papercut, please contact the LJMU IT Services Helpdesk on 0151 231 5555 (Option 1).
Download the Apogee Outsourced Document Solutions PDF.
How to print
How to log jobs with MyPrint
The new LJMU print room is integrated into the MyPrint Papercut portal myprint.ljmu.ac.uk where you can see the status of your jobs and log new print jobs.
Just follow the simple guidance below:
- Sign in using your current LJMU ID and password
- Choose relevant products and follow intuitive menus to choose your finishing options
- Cost will be updated as you chose options
- Files must be in PDF format - there are ways to upload Exam Documents (encrypted files) and Canvas documents (all files are converted to PDF for approval before submission)
For more information please consult the Print Room Customer Guide, FAQs and the Print Room Product Guide.