Deadline for submission of applications is 4th February 2019 by 9am
Have you considered applying for Professorship or Readership? The deadline for submission is fast approaching. Final submissions will be on 4th February by 9am.
As the university strives for equality, diversity and inclusion, more women are particularly encouraged to apply for the roles, as they are underrepresented at the Professorial and Readership levels. An informal, confidential chat, mentoring and coaching opportunities are available for those who wish to apply or are undecided as to their readiness to take this next step. It is advantageous to speak to someone before you rule yourself out.
The University has four routes to conferment. Academic Leadership, Research and Scholarship, Learning, Teaching and the student experience and social and economic engagement which clearly demonstrates that there is no ‘one way’ to progress along the career path, just a need for drive, determination and ambition to succeed.
Your coach or mentor can be either male or female; it is up to you who you would like to work with on this journey. Such mentoring/coaching can be of great benefit to you at any point in your career.
To find out more about LJMU Mentoring and Coaching opportunities for yourself or to sign up to be a mentor or coach, please email the University Leadership and Development Foundation via: LDF@ljmu.ac.uk
For further help, information and advice, please contact any of the following people:
• Professor Phil Vickerman, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Strategic Initiatives and Enhancements - P.Vickerman@ljmu.ac.uk
• Julie Lloyd, Director, People and Organisational Development - J.Lloyd@ljmu.ac.uk
• Meriel Box, Head of Leadership and Development Foundation - M.Box@ljmu.ac.uk
• Moni Akinsanya, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager - M.M.Akinsanya@ljmu.ac.uk
• Ruth Lewis, Business Partner, People and Organisational Development, and Secretary to the Panel - R.Lewis@ljmu.ac.uk
Executive Dean, Director of School or Director of Professional/Service Area will also be able to offer advice.
This link allows access to the details for applying and the relevant criteria.
LJMU prides itself on its family friendly policies and welcomes applications from full and part time staff and respects that all of our staff have lives away from academia which matter.