The NHS Merseyside Health Sector Career and Engagement Hub is running the Empower programme - a pre-employment transition workshop for second and final year LJMU students on the Autism spectrum.
Whether you are considering working in the NHS or not, this is a great opportunity to help you to prepare for the transition from university into graduate employment.
The Empower includes:
- A two day employability workshop programme and the opportunity to apply for a paid NHS internship
- The programme is supported by the Anna Kennedy Online organisation, promoting autism awareness
- The workshop will take place at Whiston Hospital on 8 and 9 April, with applications closing on 20 March
- Applications will be considered on the basis of why the programme is of interest to applicants and how they feel it would be of benefit to them
- There are 20 places available
On completion of the two day workshop, applicants will also have the opportunity to apply for a paid summer internship hosted at a number of Trusts across Cheshire and Merseyside. Full details will be announced at the workshop.
You can download the application form here. If you like any further information about the programme or help in completing the application, please contact Colette Ashbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 20 March 2019.