Get to know our centre-piece Student Life Building
Our impressive, new Student Life Building is the centre-piece of services for students, so come along and see it for yourselves on Wednesday, October 13 12:30 – 3:30pm
The full agenda of events and activities is growing and will appear on this page in the coming days, but you can find out about support services, health and wellbeing for yourself and your students, as well as the latest on travel to work options for you and your colleagues.
Lunch is served from 12:30 for all LJMU staff. A Curry buffet will be available with snacks and drinks all afternoon.
The new buildings
Come and see the exciting new Student Life Building and LJMU Sports Building on Copperas Hill.
The facilities offer some of the most modern facilities available in the city for a whole range of services supporting both staff and students.
The new gym, sports hall and exercise classes offer a wide range of new opportunities. Why not ask about the new sports leagues?
LJMU is proud of these excellent new facilities
Are you an academic with pastoral care responsibilities?
SLB is the hub for a whole host of student support services and representatives will be on standby to tell you more about what they offer to any student who visits:
- Student Futures – career plans and future career options, including the Start Up Hub
- Unitemps – offering employment while studying at LJMU
- Student Advice and Wellbeing – counselling, advice and guidance
- JMSU – student representatives able to help with a wide range of issues,
- Clubs and societies – enjoying the full range of student social experience
- Respect Always – the university’s campaign encouraging respect in all walks of life
Staff Support and services
Colleagues from our School of Nursing and Allied Health will be on hand to help you with some basic health monitoring: Blood Pressure, pulse measurements and calculate your BMI
Our health and wellbeing teams will be on hand to talk about the services you can access.
We have teamed up with Cycling UK to provide free bike safety checks and minor repairs. To pre-book in your bike, please request a half hour slot (12.30-3.30pm) via email (email@example.com).