"We're just doing the job we love!"
Professor Phil Vickerman, PVC for Student Experience, hosted the Teaching & Learning Excellence Awards 2022 on Wednesday evening in lieu of the absent Dr Phil Carey and began by acknowledging the "outstanding contribution of staff" and their dedication to constantly improve student learning.
"The strength of nominations this year was phenomenal", he said.
The peer-voted awards featured winners and commended entries from all five faculties and professional services with a new award this time round for progress in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, one of the key planks of the university's strategy.
Rising Star (for early career academics)
- Jon Dick (Biological & Environmental Sciences)
- Christina Phillips (Liverpool Business School)
- Liz Jones (Law)
- Jason McIntyre (Psychology)
- Mary Mullin (Law)
- James Schofield (Liverpool School of Art & Design)
Individual Teaching Excellence
- Lindsey Gaston (Liverpool Business School)
- Komang Ralebitso Senior (Phamacy and Biomolecular Sciences)
- Ariyan Ashkanfar (Engineering)
- Phil Kelly (Liverpool Business School)
Excellence in Digital Education
- Peter Falkingham (Biological and Environmental Sciences)
- Alison Liu (Law)
- Jack Mullett (Engineering)
Enhancing the Student Experience
- Denise Crowley, PA (Biological and Environmental Sciences)
- Kate Hodgson, Support Officer (Liverpool School of Art & Design)
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Excellence
- Adam Vasco, Graham Downes, Catherine Shillito (Archbishop Blanch Partnership)
- Andrew Ibi (Fashion for marginalised groups)
- Sean Mackay, Ebenezer Banahene(Refugee Nursing Scheme)
- Sport & Exercise Science Inclusive Curriculum Team (staff and students) - Tori Sprung, Lee Graves, Cath Walker, Milly Blundell, David Tod, Ian Sadler, Libby Mitchell, Ellie Glover, Kamran Sheikh
- Tom Dowd (Civil Engineering & Built Environment)
- Nicola Koyama (Biological and Environmental Sciences)
- Lucy McGrath (Liverpool Business School)
- Rachel Stalker (Law)
- Emma Roberts (Liverpool School of Art & Design)
The awards were orgnaised by the Learning & Teahcing Academy, in particular Liz Clifford and Rachel Boulter.