LJMU’s Library Service has received national recognition for the support it offers to students.
The team has earned the Customer Service Excellence award from the Centre for Assessment.
The award recognises the team’s commitment to providing an outstanding service to LJMU students and staff. It comes after the service demonstrated five key achievements:
- Making positive changes to the service as a result of analysing the customer experience of our students and staff.
- Ensuring that all students and staff using the service are treated fairly and that this is confirmed by feedback and the measurement of customer experience.
- Empowering and encouraging all staff in the Library Service to actively promote and participate in the customer-focused culture of the team.
- Interacting within wider communities and demonstrating the ways in which we support those communities.
- Promptly sharing customer information with colleagues and partners within LJMU whenever appropriate and demonstrating how this has reduced unnecessary contact for students.
Heather Thrift, LJMU’s Director of Library Services, said: “We are delighted to have received this recognition for the service we provide to our students and staff.
“As a service, we are completely committed to providing an outstanding experience for every student at LJMU and making sure they receive the support they need to thrive during their time at the university.
“LJMU has invested heavily in our library facilities in the last few years to provide state-of-the-art provision in the Student Life Building, Avril Robarts Library and Aldham Robarts Library.
“We have also developed first class digital resources which enable our students to access the services and information in a way that suits them best. We are continually looking for new ways to enhance our services to meet the evolving requirements of our students.”