Grad Academy for 2022 grads and current final year students
Grad Academy, 2 to 11 May
Get support from the Student Futures team in the lead up to graduation and beyond on your journey to your next career destination!
What is the Grad Academy?
Grad Academy, which takes place from Tuesday 2 May to Thursday 11 May, will feature a series of workshops, events and skills development sessions to help current final year students and 2022 graduates navigate the jobs market and overcome common challenges new graduates can face.
Whether you have a specific career in mind or are just getting started, the Student Futures Team can help with exploring options, creating a competitive graduate CV that makes the most of your degree and your skills learnt and developed at LJMU, or building a pitch for a new business venture.
The sessions will also be covering interviews, assessment centres, postgraduate study options, networking, your strengths, how to overcome setbacks, LinkedIn and searching for jobs, starting your own business and more! By the end of Grad Academy, you’ll be ready to succeed in the graduate job market with confidence and with a clear onward plan and direction of travel.
Come to all of the sessions taking place across the two weeks or pick and choose whichever are most suited to your own situation, needs and ambitions.
Schedule of events
Tuesday 2 May: Graduation, what next?
- Student Futures graduate support package: find out how we can help you. 10am to11am, online
- Further study options? Introduction to postgraduate study Q&A. 11 to 11.30am, online
- Design your future: Creating a vision board to manifest your career goals. 1 to 2pm, SLB room 203
- What next? Routes to take after graduation. 2 to 3pm, online
Wednesday 3 May: Career confidence
- Discover your hidden potential: Unleashing your strengths (Strengths Profiling). 10am to 12pm, SLB room UG15
- Building leaders brick by brick: Discover your leadership qualities in a Lego play session. 1 to 2pm, SLB room UG15
- Demystifying Graduate Schemes. 3 to 4pm, online
Thursday 4 May: Get that job
- Launch your career with LinkedIn: Getting Started. 10 to 10.30am, online
- CV and Cover letters: how to make the most of your degree on your CV. 11am to 12pm, online
- Finding Graduate jobs in Liverpool & the North West. 1 to 2pm, online
- Successful Job Applications - 3 to 4pm, online
Tuesday 9 May: Standing out in the Grad crowd!
- Present with confidence: Mastering Interview Presentations to land your dream job. 10 to 11am, online
- What is an assessment centre? Tips on how to pass a psychometric test. 11am to 12pm, online
- Becoming an entrepreneur. 1 to 2pm, online
Wednesday 10 May: Give it a go!
- Green careers: Building a sustainable future. 10 to 11am, online
- Getting a Graduate Job with a Disability: Q&A. 11am to 12pm, online
- Practise your virtual assessment centre skills. 1.30 to 3.30pm, online
Thursday 11 May: Con-grad-ulations
- Finding jobs in your hometown (Northern Ireland, Wales and London). 10 to 11am, online
- Keynote talk by Ian Burbidge, Head of Systems Innovation and Change at Start Network: The current economic world as we know it! Where are the graduate jobs? 11.30am to 1pm, online event.
- Surviving and Thriving: managing your money and wellbeing after University. 1 to 2pm, online
- Got The Job, Now What? Transitioning To The Workplace. 3 to 3.30pm, online
VR headsets are also available for booking each day at the Student Life Building from 10am to 12pm where students can use virtual reality modules to practise presentation skills, interview techniques and more.
Join us in the virtual world
VR headsets are also available for booking each day at the Student Life Building from 10am to 12pm where students can use virtual reality modules to practise presentation skills, interview techniques and more. Sessions range from five minutes to one hour, depending on your requirements.
Book a place for Grad Academy event
Visit our events booking website to book a place at any session.