Staff have until 5pm on Thursday 14 September to vote for their preferred Academic Board candidates in the following areas:
- Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Science
- Professional Services
Academic colleagues in each of the above Faculties will be eligible to vote for their preferred candidate in their respective Faculty, while colleagues in Professional Services will be asked to vote for a candidate working within Professional Services.
Voting via Microsoft Teams
Colleagues in the above areas have been added to one of five Academic Board Election Microsoft Teams sites. On each site you can find a personal statement for each of the candidates who have put themselves forward. You will also find a link to cast your vote.
Please contact Kimberley Berry if you have not been added to the Teams site or have any issues with voting.
Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies:
- Dr Bee Hughes, (Lecturer, Humanities and Social Science)
- Dr Carol Cox, (Head of Policing, School of Justice Studies)
- Dr David Clampin, (Subject Leader, Humanities and Social Science)
- Mr Martin Kerridge, (Lecturer, School of Education)
- Ms Sarah Maclennan, (Programme Leader, Liverpool Screen School)
Faculty of Business and Law:
- Dr Pam Dodd, (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Liverpool Business School)
- Dr Tasnim Ahmed, (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, School of Law)
Faculty of Engineering and Technology:
- Dr Ben Matellini, (Reader, School of Engineering)
- Dr Christos Kontovas, (Reader, School of Engineering)
- Dr Ed Loffill, (Programme Manager, School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment)
- Dr Mohammed Qabshoqa, (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment)
Faculty of Science:
- Dr Alex Wilshaw, (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, School of Biological and Environmental Sciences)
- Dr Katie Evans, (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences)
- Dr Matteo Borrini, (Principal Lecturer, School of Biological and Environmental Sciences)
- Miss Wendy Johnston, (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Sport and Exercise Sciences)
Faculty of Health:
- Mrs Eleanor Fenney, (School of Nursing and Advanced Practice ) - as there is only one candidate it is likely that the candidate will automatically take up the position
- Ms Beatrice Png, (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator, Human Resources)
- Ms Rachael McCloskey, (Head of Administration, Faculty of Business and Law)
- Miss Sian Downes, (Associate Director, Library Services)
- Further details to follow
- Further details to follow
The election will be conducted via an anonymous online ballot. Voting opened on Thursday 31 August and will remain open until 5pm on Thursday 14 September.
The candidates with the most votes in each respective area will be announced on Monday 18 September.
The elected candidate will serve for the duration of the 2023/2024 academic year, commencing in advance of the next Academic Board meeting, which will take place on Wednesday 27 September 2023.
Alternative to online voting
For eligible staff without access to a computer, paper ballots can be provided with instructions for completion and return. If you have any direct reports or colleagues for whom this may apply to, please contact the Secretariat team to discuss via email.
If you require any further information, please contact the Secretariat team.