As part of National Apprenticeship Week, LJMU is celebrating the achievements and impact of its healthcare apprentices.
The Faculty of Health hosted an awards evening (Wednesday 7 February) to recognise the efforts and accomplishments of its learners and staff across its five degree apprenticeship programmes.
The learners are combining their studies with working in a range of healthcare settings across the Liverpool City Region and beyond.
High quality nominations
The degree apprenticeship team received a huge number of high quality nominations and the panel made the following awards:
- Apprentice Learner of the Year (Nursing Associate): Michka Munroe
- Apprentice Learner of the Year (Registered Nurse Top-up): Nikki Williams
- Apprentice Learner of the Year (Social Work): Nicola Dickman
- Apprentice Learner of the Year (Advanced Clinical Practice): Sam Badu
- Apprenticeship Academic of the Year: Joanne Johnston
- Apprenticeship Workplace Support of the Year: Dr Nikhil Sharma
- Apprenticeship Support of the Year: Suzanne Gapper Smith
- Apprenticeship Lead of the Year: Sarah Power
- Making a Difference: Samantha Waters
- Special Recognition: Melanie Hills
You can hear from some of our winners and programme staff in the video above: they talk about how their degree apprenticeship is enabling them to study for a degree alongside developing practical skills in the workplace, meeting the skills requirements of the city region and beyond.