Explore the full range of postgraduate scholarships available to you.
LJMU offer scholarships to postgraduate students wishing to study with us from overseas. We do this in the form of tuition fee reductions and working alongside other external funding councils to produce many options for our students.
Am I eligible?
In order to qualify for one of the below scholarships, you must first meet a set list of criteria. Awards will be granted upon candidates meeting all conditions along with the presentation of an outstanding application and supporting documentation.
Competitive scholarships have a limited number of awards. Students will be notified on the progress of their application as soon as possible after application.
Students who are successfully awarded a Regional Scholarship are also eligible for the LJMU International Achievement Scholarship.
- have an offer of study and have firmly accepted their place before they are eligible to apply for scholarship funding
- not have already studied a postgraduate taught degree (unless applying for PhD study funding)
- have the funds to cover the remaining living costs, travel and any other costs associated with studying at the University
LJMU funded scholarships
LJMU are pleased to be able to offer £3,000 tuition fee discounts to eligible applicants without a separate application process. All achievement scholarships are awarded automatically to all who fit the essential criteria as stated below:
Successful candidates must:
- be self-funded
- meet the conditions stated in their full-time, postgraduate taught course offer letter
- not also have funding from other external sources such as government or employer sponsorship
- study full time at Liverpool John Moores University
If you meet the above criteria, we will send an update of your scholarship status in the unconditional offer letter for your course.
LJMU Regional PG Scholarships*
Applications for the LJMU Regional Scholarships have now closed.
Successful applicants should expect a reply from the University concerning their application in early June 2020.
*This scholarship is additional to the international achievement scholarship.
Externally funded scholarships
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship*
LJMU are pleased to offer the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship to two selected students studying International Public Health MSc in September 2020.
Successful candidates must:
- Be holding an offer for International Public Health MSc starting September 2020
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed on the Commonwealth Scholarships website
How to apply
The deadline for this scholarship has now passed. Please find more information on the Commonwealth Scholarships website.
Successful scholars have now been contacted by LJMU. If you have not heard from us regarding the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. The CSC will formally confirm the outcome of your application in due course.
Applications for the Chevening Scholarship are now open for students beginning their Postgraduate study in September 2021. For more information, see the Chevening website.
*Please note that the University does not offer family accommodation as part of the accommodation guarantee. If those travelling on full scholarships wish to bring their families with them, the University can offer advice on privately owned accommodation in this instance but cannot guarantee rooms.
Please contact us IAC@ljmu.ac.uk.
"During my time at LJMU I have developed sports leggings which increase the blood circulation in the lower body and gloves which offer extra grip for sporting applications"