School of Education
Focusing on education in its broadest sense
A community of academics and students who are committed to education that inspires learning and enriches communities.
The School of Education offers a high quality research and teaching environment. As a student you’ll be given the opportunity to analyse the political, economic, social, cultural, environmental and technological context of educational theory and practice. You’ll join a dynamic and diverse group of people who share a deep commitment to the investigation and enhancement of educational experiences of individuals, families and communities in a wide range of settings and in collaboration with many different partners. These include schools; early, further and higher education providers, as well as voluntary, public and private sector organisations.
Our areas of expertise
The School consists of two subject areas and a research centre:
- Teacher Education
- Education and Early Childhood Studies
- Centre for Educational Research (CERES)
- Centre for Educational Leadership
Our School consistently produces satisfied students who progress well in their careers:
- 91% of our early years graduates are employed within six months of graduation compared to 86% in the sector
- 85% of our primary education graduates are in work within six months of completing their course compared to 83% in the sector
- 95% of our maths teachers find employment – that’s 6% above the sector average
- Our teachers of design and technology enjoy an outstanding 100% employment rate (the sector average is 89%)
Find out more about your career prospects by studying within the School of Education.
"LJMU is well organised and forward thinking. The staff and resources are second to none and the support I received during my teacher training was exceptional. This has allowed me to develop quickly in my career. "
of our maths teachers find employment
of our early years grads are employed within 6 months of graduation
of our teachers of design and technology find employment