The first international conference on Efficiency Improvement in Water and Wastewater Treatment
The International Conference on Efficiency Improvement in Water and Wastewater Treatment will explore the latest technologies in water and wastewater treatment and will examine how those technologies can be used to reduce water and energy use. The conference will also examine sustainable management practices for water and waste treatment, as well as residual solids management.
The Efficiency Improvement in Water and Wastewater Treatment Conference has been postponed until 2017.
Please contact Corporate Events and Engagement on 0151 231 3668 if you require further information
Liverpool John Moores University, James Parsons Building, Byrom Street, Liverpool, L3 3AF.
Register for the conference
- Developments and novel technologies in wastewater treatment
- Low carbon technologies and carbon footprint
- Use of sensors in the water and wastewater industries
- Energy from waste
- Waste treatment and disposal
- Water use efficiency
- Energy efficiency and conservation during water and wastewater treatment
Read the preliminary programme.
| Speaker/Delegate Fee Information
| Early booking for full three days (by Monday 29 February 2016)
| Authors and presenters
| Normal booking rate
| Day delegate
| Conference dinner
||£60 + VAT|
Please note that abstracts should be in English and approximately 250 words, but no longer than one page in length. Authors whose abstracts are accepted for presentation, whether oral or poster, are expected to register for and attend the conference.
To submit your work, please email the team.
- Professor Rafid Alkhaddar, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK, Conference Chair
- Professor Ahmed AL-Shamma’a, Liverpool John Moores University
- Professor Son Le, United Utilities, UK
- Professor Berrin Tansel, Florida International University, Technical Program co-chair, USA
- Professor Jianpeng (Jim) Zhou, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Technical Program co-chair, USA
- Dr. Jinsheng Huo, Technical Program co-chair, City of Sunrise and JINSHENG HUO, Sunrise, USA
- Sri Kamojjala, Senior Civil Engineer, LVVWD Infrastructure Management Dept., Las Vegas, USA
- Karen Karvazy, EWRI Technical Coordination Executive Committee, New Jersey, USA
- Professor Alan Newman, Visiting Professor of Environmental and Analytical Technology, Coventry University, UK
- Professor HE Qiang, Chongqing University, China
- Professor Chun Yang, Chongqing University, China
- A. Professor JIA Haifeng, Tsinghua University, China
Local organising committee
- Professor Ahmed Al-Shamma’a
- Professor Rafid Alkhaddar
- Mrs. Felicite Ruddock
- Dr. Andy Shaw
- Dr. William Atherton
- Dr. Clare Harris
- Dr. Edward Loffill
- Dr. Yue Huang
Conference proceedings will be published in an appropriate format and will be notified to participants at the conference. Papers will be a maximum of four pages in length. All papers will be reviewed by the Conference Technical Committee and will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Paper format should follow EWRI formatting. You can read the EWRI formatting information here.
Supporters of the conference
The Efficiency Improvement in Water and Wastewater Treatment is organised and sponsored by Liverpool John Moores University in partnership with:
EWRI (Environmental and Water Resources Institute) of ASCE, USA
- CIWEM (The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management), UK
For more information, get in touch with the team.
If you would like to find out more information about the conference, please get in touch with us using the details below:
Contact: Professor Rafid Alkhaddar or Laura Bainbridge
Tel: +44 151 231 2809 (Professor Rafid Alkhaddar)
Tel: +44 151 231 3668 (Laura Bainbridge)
For conference booking and venue enquiries, please contact the Conference Administration Team using the details below:
Tel: 0151 231 3668