Grad Fest 2019 is a new event for final year students at LJMU, taking place on 3 April from 2pm-7pm at the John Lennon Art and Design Building.
We give our students a great big HELLO when you join us and we want to make sure that our GOODBYE is every bit as memorable, useful and fun.
The event is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students in their final year of study at LJMU (our soon-to-be alumni!), as well as our recent graduates.
Grad Fest is intended to help prepare final year students for the practical realities of life after the last assessment has been completed and dissertation submitted. It will feature exhibitors from LJMU and other external organisations, who will be on hand to answer any burning questions you may have, such as:
- What actually happens on Graduation Day?
- Where do I go, what do I do?
- Will you measure my head to make sure I order the right-sized cap?
- What about discounts for me and my family to celebrate after the ceremony?
- What do I do about my student overdraft/loan?
- Do I need to change my doctors?
- Is there a counselling service you can refer me to before I leave?
- How can I make my CV and applications stand out?
- Can someone tell me about graduate-level jobs?
- Who can help me with interview skills?
- What scholarships are available?
- Are there any schemes so I can study, volunteer or work abroad?
- Is this selfie ok for my LinkedIn profile picture?
- Can I still get support from the Careers team when I finish my degree?
- Who do I talk to if I want to start my own business?
- What are my choices for further study at LJMU?
- What's it really like to do a PhD?
As well as gathering important information at the event, there'll be plenty fun stuff too. Lounge around on bean bags, jump in the selfie booth and get some free prints to take away (free!), have a professional LinkedIn profile headshot photo taken, win prizes including professional graduation photos, or ask our resident DJ to play your favourite student sounds or beat your mates at table tennis.
You can also book a place at the Grad Fest afternoon's FREE performance of award-winning Bost Uni Plues show, written and performed by recent LJMU Drama graduate Grace Gallagher and the Ugly Bucket gang. Numbers are very limited and there will be only one chance to see the show on the day.
Book a place:
To book a place at Grad Fest click here.
Get in touch with the Grad Fest team at GradFest19@ljmu.ac.uk and we'll be happy to help or getthe latest updates about the event on Twitter.