If you are a current level 5 or 6 (second or third year) student, we have a range of exciting, paid Discovery Internship opportunities that are open for applications from today (28 March), with the roles due to start in mid-May.
These are a great way to get some paid work experience at a local business/SME working a real-life project that you can really get stuck into.
The 20-day internships are available across a range of sectors, and will help you to:
- Gain invaluable workplace skills and experience
- Have examples to draw on and evidence on application forms and during interviews for future roles
- Discover if this is the type of job/role you want to pursue after graduation
- Earn some spending money
Interested in applying?
The internships are advertised via LJMU's Unitemps branch so you must be registered with Unitemps to apply and have completed a right to work check. Once you are registered, you can go to the Unitemps website to check out the options and to start to apply.
The internships will close for applications at midnight on Sunday 10 April. Interviews will take place from 19 April with anticipated start dates from 16 May (these dates may vary slightly for each role).
Support with your application(s)
We have a drop-in session and a webinar coming up where you can get support with your application for a Discovery Internship:
- 30 March - DROP IN: Discovery internships – CV clinic – Student Life Building (call in any time between 1pm until 3pm to speak to a member of staff) - book a place here
- 5 April - WEBINAR: Discovery internships - Crafting a CV with impact – 12-12.40pm - book a place here.
If you can't make any of these sessions you can get help with your CV or application form, or help preparing for an interview, by booking an appointment with one of our experienced advisers from the Student Futures team. Details of how to do this can be found here.
You can also access our handy digital tools including CV builder (ideal for building your first CV), CV360 and interview360 in Careers Zone 24/7, or read our mini guides on CVs and Covering Letters, Application Forms and Preparing for interviews.